Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know its a very discussed thing, but I want to know your opinion on this.
I dont race my car, y like to ride low and slow, but its stock low, so I want to make it lower, like 3 inches lower.
I want to make it cheap, but I dont want to cut the springs.
I saw this things on ebay, what do you think about them?
Are they garbage? Remember I dont race my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Adjus...ash=item3d079408ae:g:yL8AAMXQgyZR-nxX&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Garbage.

Just get lowering springs or if you can get them because they are not in production anymore - Ground Control kit with custom spring rates.

The you can purchase Tokico Blues to go with them.
I contacted Tokico Japan, and verified that they are still selling the Blues for our chassis but you have to go through authorized dealers.

But if you want a better suspension contact me for Ksports.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1funryd, Id check the K-sports long ago, they are very good, but expensive for me.
I can only buy things under 170 usd without paying a customs agent that will cost me over 300 hundred dollars.
I live in a PIECE OF SH#T countryyyyy

When you say that those things are garbage, you mean that the handling will suck? or they are not durable?

Thank you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been doing a research on other forums, and this things are SH#T.
So, end of the thread for me, thanks anyway

·
Memento Mori
7,511 Posts
The threads on those cheap aluminium collars can strip or the bottom of collars mushroom out. If you don't mind possibly needing to replace them in the future they will work. They would probably last if you just cruise around slowly everywhere...

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have used them in the past. IMO, not worth the 60$. The spring rates suck, they are softer than your stock springs so you loos handling, most noticeably over rapid bumps. If you are looking for cheap, I think you would be better off buying just the sleeves, or spring sleeve combo and through away the springs and cut down your stock spring. If you cut your springs, remember a little goes a long way, and our springs also have progressive rates. I used to use these a lot on several cars when I was in high school and cheap, but I never had any strip out. But I guess it is possible.

The best cheap solution would be as 1funryd said, just get some lowering springs if you're not going to be tracking or driving aggressive.

Edit for typo

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
^ I don't think he'll be racing (as he's repeated a few times himself)
like 3 inches lower.
In fact I don't think he'll be going many places at all!
:lol:

Most folk who know about suspension (myself included) will not offer advice on this type of question, that's more for your " I have no intention of using the car properly, I just want it to look stupidly low" type of car owner.

If you do wish to ruin the best part of this car then does it really matter how you do it? It will still drive/handle like shit anyway.

Only real option is to put it on bags. And you ain't doing that on the cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts