Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to swap my steering wheel for one from a S2000, I can not find a solid answer so sorry for asking as I have search and after doing so I'm a bit confused. I'm looking to add an S2000 Steering Wheel and I have a couple of questions.

1) What years S2000 Steering Wheels fit or work.
2) Do you need to Cable Real from the S2000
3) Where can I find a write up on what ever wiring needs to be done.

Again sorry for ask if this has been answered.

·
Registered
117 Posts
http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-s2kwheel/

You'll need the AP1 wheel due to the AP2 having different splines and also runs a dual stage airbag setup. With a AP1 wheel you can retain your horn/airbag and even cruise control if you want. Google is your friend my man ;) this is the very first thing that came up haha

·
Registered
241 Posts

You'll need the AP1 wheel due to the AP2 having different splines and also runs a dual stage airbag setup. With a AP1 wheel you can retain your horn/airbag and even cruise control if you want. Google is your friend my man ;) this is the very first thing that came up haha
Just a small correction, the 04 & 05 AP2 S2k steering wheel will fit a fifth gen prelude's splines and retains the single stage airbag of the AP1. The 06+ AP2 Wheel won't fit the splines and the 06+ also has a dual stage airbag so no worky. Also if you have an SH, no matter which wheel you get, you need to make a small hole to accommodate for the ATTS system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Jbgough123
Thank you bud, I had seen ntpog.org info when searching I just needed to ask as lots of this info is old and I wanted to see if there was any new info as to what exactly would fit/work. Lots of good info can be found, I'm just seeing that lots of these posting are old.

Just a small correction, the 04 & 05 AP2 S2k steering wheel will fit a fifth gen prelude's splines and retains the single stage airbag of the AP1. The 06+ AP2 Wheel won't fit the splines and the 06+ also has a dual stage airbag so no worky. Also if you have an SH, no matter which wheel you get, you need to make a small hole to accommodate for the ATTS system.
G-wiz

Thank you for the update, so I get this straight, I can use a 2000-2006 API and AP2 Steering Wheels but the air bag needs to be from a AP1.

Now my other question is do I need the clock spring from S2000 that I get the Steering Wheel from, or can I use my Clock Spring from the prelude?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jbgough123
Thank you bud, I had seen ntpog.org info when searching I just needed to ask as lots of this info is old and I wanted to see if there was any new info as to what exactly would fit/work. Lots of good info can be found, I'm just seeing that lots of these posting are old.

G-wiz

Thank you for the update, so I get this straight, I can use a 2000-2006 API and AP2 Steering Wheels but the air bag needs to be from a AP1.

Now my other question is do I need the clock spring from S2000 that I get the Steering Wheel from, or can I use my Clock Spring from the prelude?
The Wheel from the 2000 to 2005 should fit the 5th gen, don't get an 06 or later. The 06+ models have different splines and dual stage airbag. Easiest thing to do is to get an AP1 wheel since they seem more common and are cheaper and there would be less chance of it not fitting since you can't accidentally get a 06+ AP1 wheel obviously. You would use the clock spring from the prelude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts