Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh.

i hate suburbia. and i hate suburban drivers even more. some dude pulled out in front of the car i was following, car hit brakes, i hit brakes, my car slides into hers, then another car slides into mine. on a very good note, no injuries to anyone involved. i got a ticket for 'too fast for conditions' as did the person that hit my car. could have been worse, i'm sure...

damage to the car i hit: scrapes on bumper and knocked one of the dual exhausts off its hanger.

damage to car that hit me: broken headlight and turn signal.

damage to my car: pushed already messed up bumper in even farther, broke one ebay h4 light, busted turn and side marker, crumpled fender, twisted headlight housing back, buckled hood, and slightly damaged the radiator support bar across the top of the radiator.

have a look...

guess i'm off to look for parts again, huh?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
OHSNAP! Does it still drive straight? If so, then it's fixable, at least. Not like anto's that got turned into a hatchback by a full-size chevy.

At least you're OK, most importantly.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
tie that bitch up to a tree and pull her out. lol. I was thinking that the front of our radiator mount area is lil flimsy, like bends when i would lean on it. I was wondering if any one has tried to liek reinforce it in anyway like welding wise or maybe even like polyurethane or something of that nature, cuz honestly that foam crap does nothing. when i got rear ended my back got crushed in and when i pulled off the bumper, the foam was in one piece....GAY!!!!! and the rear bumper only had paint scratched off, i would have rather had the bumper ripped to shreds, but oh well.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It is good to know that everyone is ok and it is too bad about the damage. I am also seeing some similarites with your car and mine (minus the front end damage).

Hopefully you can get your car sorted out and back on the road. Good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sorry to thread jack or anything, but I too was almost on the list. At a light two turn lanes im in the right and people are in the left. Just about 4 or so people in front of me, one of them a big ass semi. So I get through the turn and take the middle lane right after my far right on a 3 lane road. Im going through second pretty hard, and bam I have a civic pull right out in front of me, if it wasn't for a quick downshift and a little swirve I would have rear-ended him no doubt about it. Drivers are getting too reckless now adays, and I hate it. About the only place to drive with intelligent people is the track, and thats not even always true anymore.

·
Registered
711 Posts
my driver side headlight looks the same way...lol

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
Looks like it could be fixed reasonably easily, good to hear nooone was hurt! Your back end looks alright, got any pics?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fear not, for i'm keeping the car. :) you just don't give up on something as reliable as a honda. i've already located replacements for all the broken lights. the fun part will be finding a decent hood and fender. the bumper's still fairly good, so i think i'll just reattach it. one thing that's really handy is that it's still driveable and all already, so i still have transportation. no suspension damage, no alignment problems, all that good stuff.

here's a pic of the "rear end damage" if you can even see any.

and a big thanks to all you guys for support and all the info i've learned just by reading on PP. i think i'll even be able to fix most of this myself.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
God damn! you smashed someones light and it didnt even hurt your rear end! toyota corola crashed into my rear end and caused 810$ worth of damage! and the corola didnt even have a scratch =( wish I was as lucky as you!

·
Registered
750 Posts
m1k30rz said:
God damn! you smashed someones light and it didnt even hurt your rear end! toyota corola crashed into my rear end and caused 810$ worth of damage! and the corola didnt even have a scratch =( wish I was as lucky as you!
i hope that bastard payed for it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey, add me to the list of an almost smushed 'lude!

Blew a rod going 75, in the 3rd left lane in a 4 lane highway. With no left shoulder, had to get all the way to the right.

I put the clutch in, turned off the car immediately, and started trying to manuever left. My buddy was nice enough to put my hazards on for me :)

New engine gets here monday. Expect to drive on tuesday, yay!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mini update: insurance people are morons. they don't return calls. heh.

on another note, found a matching red '90 lude at one of the scrapyards in town. the pieces i need are there, but they're asking quite a bit of $ for those.

however, while searching the car over for little parts i could scavenge, i noticed a little badge on the door pillar noting 4WS. this was right about the moment i started drooling. so, i go back and start talking prices with the guy, and he can't find the 4WS parts listed in their computer. so the owner comes over and says "you take it off yourself, i'll let you have it for $150."

my jaw still hasn't come up off the floor yet. :) i may get the other parts i need somewhere else for less and save it for that 4WS. any opinions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts