Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the information to links. I really appreciate it. All im looking for is fuel efficiency. I drive close to 500 miles a week. So for $100 cost i dont see it hurting me as bad. Its just a daily. Most everything i read says itll be a great swap. Or have u done it and had a different result on an accord

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am running an Accord P2A8 fifth gear in my 2000SH. Now 80MPH is 3350RPM vs 4000RPM before. I estimate that my top end now is ~170MPH (if the ECU would let me rev to 7400RPM in fifth). I also get 420mi+ per tank of gas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys so i have a 2000 prelude i just put a p28 accord tranny into everything seemed to fit except the halfshaft which one would i have to use a manual preludes or the accords?ive looked everywhere and couldnt even find anybody that has done this swap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am running an Accord P2A8 fifth gear in my 2000SH. Now 80MPH is 3350RPM vs 4000RPM before. I estimate that my top end now is ~170MPH (if the ECU would let me rev to 7400RPM in fifth). I also get 420mi+ per tank of gas.
170? lol

Not without some crazy headwork, cams, fuel upgrades

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok guys so i have a 2000 prelude i just put a p28 accord tranny into everything seemed to fit except the halfshaft which one would i have to use a manual preludes or the accords?ive looked everywhere and couldnt even find anybody that has done this swap.
Typically use the one that matches the car, what year accord is the trans from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Typically use the one that matches the car, what year accord is the trans from?

Having the same issue... h22a p28 trans from a 2000 accord the accord mid shaft will fit but then the driver side axle is to long the auto prelude one willl fit in after u cut and re position the mounts fr the mid shaft as they are at the wrong angle?? looking for advice on what to do!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having the same issue... h22a p28 trans from a 2000 accord the accord mid shaft will fit but then the driver side axle is to long the auto prelude one willl fit in after u cut and re position the mounts fr the mid shaft as they are at the wrong angle?? looking for advice on what to do!!!!
I ended up matching the axles with the transmission. The Accord axles fit the Prelude fine.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts