Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright. Let me first start out by saying I dont advise highway racing/speeding because frankly I think it is dumb & dangerous & this is the first time I've raced the 'lude & I've had it for a year this May.

So I get out of work tonight & Im just chillin, drivin slow when this accord (97ish) w/ rims & fart pipe starts stating its presence. I ignore for 2 stop lights then I finally look over and its this chick with a cigarette in her mouth with a smirk on her face.

So we both head on the highway ramp, I get in front of her and I see her behind me weaving like crazy and Im like "oh christ" . This girl is 17 @ most and so I pull to the slow lane to let her know that Im not interested anymore, so she gives me the "ricer flyby" & flicks her cigarette out the window aiming for me so Im like no you didnt bitch.

So I bust down to 4th, then 3rd to catch up, get in front of her (at this point were talking 100+mph) and I romp on the gas (my car shoots out smoke @ 5,000 rpm) just enough to make my point & I get off @ my exit and its over with.

·
Registered
910 Posts
dude highway racin is fun... especially when ur doin lik 140 rippin down the highway.. but not bad.. nice job

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
prelude_h22 said:
dude highway racin is fun... especially when ur doin lik 140 rippin down the highway
YEA, but not when a freakin minivan or sumthing pulls out in front of u!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
highwayracing is fun when your the only ones on the highway. Except one time, the first time i had my car at 120+ i was on y way home from south beach on the turnpike and i was going then i saw something black..net thing i know it's a broke down geo metro in the middle of the street. SO even when you think youre alone...don't assume anything

·
Registered
828 Posts
So how are those b21 motors? Im looking into buying one with 100k on it. Ive heard bad things and good things, what do you think of it?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Mick Garvey said:
So how are those b21 motors? Im looking into buying one with 100k on it. Ive heard bad things and good things, what do you think of it?
if you got a b20a5 in it just stay with it , unless its shot to hell and the b21 u found is DIRT cheap and decent condition. but then again if i had the chance id just swap in a JDM b20a instead.

i love my b21 but thats only because it burns VERY little oil as of now, pretty much insignificant, and also the powerband is smoother and more constant on the b21s then the b20s.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
get the b21 and have it bored so you can get rid of the FPR's and get new pistons, and you should be straight, h23 rods would make it lil bit more reliable. wish i had some cash to throw around...eh.,

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was taggin down the hioghway with my other lude buddy, he was doin like 130 and i was doin 140 something. He hit a blown out semi tire on the highway lol. Ripped his whole front bumper off and almost sent him into a ditch. So be careful mateys.

·
Registered
840 Posts
91PreludeJG said:
As long as you maintain your car regularly, it shouldnt give you problems. I change the oil on my B21 every 2500 miles or even less sometimes. I even use synthetic oil. She hasnt given me a problem yet in the 4 years that ive had her. And i prefer my B21 over my jdm B20a.

And i know this is an old post, but HondaPowa what highway were you on? 93?
pftt yeah but u proly baby it like a mofo too...
i used to do that while the car wasnt runnin perfectly , now she seems to run great and i get up on it every now and again. RARELY up to 6-7k though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts