Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question. I love the ABS on my car so I'm not going to delete it but it decided to quit working and I'm pulling my H23 out this weekend to put the H22 down in it and I was wondering how hard they are to change out. What about bleeding it? Would it be a pain?

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you can swap a motor. You can do ABS pump be prepared to bleed the brakes. I recommend have two people when bleeding the brakes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I work for a Honda dealership that has alot of parts cars but anyways I have one I'm just wondering how long its going to take to bleed the brakes cause I have 2 days to swap out a abs motor,ecu, H22 and change out that engine wiring harness.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Depends how skilled you are. If you know what you are doing your fine. 2 days is plenty.Considering you have all of your tools and engine hoist.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah your right. Well I have done everything except the abs pump more than once before.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Bleeding that ABS is one of the biggest pain in the asses ever. Talk to one of the techs on how do it right.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bleeding that ABS is one of the biggest pain in the asses ever. Talk to one of the techs on how do it right.

I helped my buddy eliminate his abs with a box. He made at work.Your gonna want to put your new pump in there. Make sure there is no air leaks. Then bleed the breakes one line at a time.I was in the car pumping the pedal and he was bleeding the line.To me it isnt hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, Well I will do that and see what happens. Would I be better off just saying forget the abs and just get some new drilled or slotted rotors and some new brake pads and call it a day or go with the abs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts