Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short story:

So there I was . . . driving down a small four lane winding and twisting highway. I am driving like an old lady in the right lane because this is the first day I got my car back from the shop in a week. I can hear a car approaching so I look in my rearview mirror to see him in the left lane. Low and behold it’s a 5th Generation Prelude. He pulls along next to me and revs his engine several times. His bass is blasting, his green lights under his car are shining, and his muffler is roaring. He proceeds to signal he wants to race. Now lets see if you find the problem here.
I have a COMPLETELY stock 1990 Prelude Si with 4WS in as mint condition as they come. This car even has the stock stereo for God’s sake. The muffler is the standard one for that year, the wheels are stock, and the car has 163,000 miles on it. Why in all of holy would you think I would want to race it???? Is this guy completely retarded or just quasi?
I have seen three different types of people in the world of cars: mechanics, purists, and morons. The mechanics seem to be able to tweak every last bit of power and performance out of a car. You guys and gals are my hero. The time and knowledge that takes is astounding and honestly I just don’t have either. Then comes the purists; these are the guys and gals that see the value (present and future) in vehicles like we own. We want to see the cars become a classic someday, knowing they are a quickly dying breed, increasingly hard to find. Now comes the morons; these guys are the ones that throw a modified bumper and a fart can (muffler) on their vehicle and think that is cool. I love the faggoty lights under the car too, they must add at least +10 bhp (ha). The kicker is the large amounts of money you spent on speakers/subs, it sounds SO cool to hear your bumper vibrating off! If you are going to take that route why not just burn your cash or use that money and BUY A BETTER CAR. Also, the next time you think about racing someone with an obviously stock-car, fix your cranium-rectal inversion and pull your head out of your ass.
I have owned my car for about 10 years, so although this jackass has more hp/torque I still have experience. After passing him using traffic placement, timely shifting, and then cutting him off, he quickly revved his car once again to impress me and possibly save face. By the way, not all people that own a Prelude want to race. A small piece of advice to those of you in the moron category: by putting that bumper on your car and that new muffler you just decreased its value by over $2000.00! If you don’t believe me check out which cars don’t sell well on AutoTrader.com and AutoExtra.com

·
12,918 Posts
This is just an opinion.. nothing really useful in this post :D

They're also called ricers.. not morons.. It's just bad taste.

Also some people like good loud clear music.. I would say 80% of them just want to show off though.. don't mix the two together.

·
Registered
750 Posts
opinions opinions.

i dont have a skirt kit. and never will, but i got a fart can, that will become really handy when i turbo the shit outta my car. less exhuast restriction then a baffeled stock muffler.

your opinion is yours to hold so do that. hold it dont throw it out because ppl spend money on their cars and sometimes this actually makes it look quite good. many members on here have spent hours upon hours modifiying the car and if your telling me that a turbo'd 3rg gen with new paint and a clean interior wont sell better then a stock 3rd gen with ok paint, a shitty interior, and stock shit all the way around, then your mad.

if i they are roughly the smae price then obviously the turbo'd one will go first. Then there is the return you get. Your right if you are saying that you will never get the money back that you put in the car.

but in my opinion. (im a mechanic)

it doesnt really matter what has been done to the car, as long as it was done properly and was planned before hand to match the car then fine.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
The whole rice thing is stupid. It's all so subjective. We all can tell the difference between a car that looks good and a car that looks like ass, but there's a grey area with some cars, and I don't think it's fair to presume some of them innocent or guilty of being rice. Just because I think it's rice doesn't mean you do. And what constitutes rice exactly? The whole thing is bogus.

When I started fuckin' around with my car, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of you, the term "rice" hadn't yet come about. We knew what was good and what, uh, wasn't. Then the whole scene exploded, thanks to a movie that will remain nameless. Every second car has something done to it. I live beside a high school. I see the results of this "performance" explosion. I don't like it much.

I think I used to hate on rice just as much as the next picklehead. I can tell when a car has been done up tastefully or when the owner has just thrown a bunch of shit together and called it a car. I can appreciate a car that someone has put time and money and most importantly THOUGHT into. Anybody can put a car together, but let's say somebody puts a great deal of thought and time into something and completes it only to have some Joe Blow idiot from the "I Hate F&F Club" call it a riced-out heap of Japanese shit. Is that right?

Rice is bogus. If you like your car and you're happy with it, nobody has the right to call it anything. All these people who have opinions that they're just dying to share should keep them to themselves.

--J

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't give a flying fuck what a car looks like as long as it doesn't wake me up.

Nice bassy rumble? Great!

When I, who am almost deaf in my left ear, and halfway there in my right, can hear you coming through a mile of woods from the highway, there is something wrong.

Roommate with an h22 92 accord and a broken muffler, I'm looking at you!

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
I agree there. The whole world doesn't want to hear your fucking muffler, especially if it sounds like a moose with AIDS. Same goes for shit-stompin' stereos. I don't care what you do to your bucket as long as it doesn't interfere with me or my shit. And also, if your car has to be loud, at least make it so it sounds good.

We should kill, dismember, and eat your roommate.

--J

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
After we eat your roommate, can I have his car? I need an H22 donor :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts