Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I purchased a 91 SI 4WS from a local couple. Already being a 3rd gen Prelude owner I have a soft spot for these cars. What I did not expect was to have so much fun in the little 3rd gen on the test drive. I was truly surprised at how much fun I had driving this simple little car. I have worked for a few big name Honda Performance shops across the country so I have had the privilege of building and driving some very nice cars, even racing a few at events, a couple boosted NSX's, a 900 whp S2000 drag car, and every thing in between. For me to say I was actually excited and having fun in a little 91 Lude surprised the hell out of me. On the way there I was 90% sure I was going to buy it, now there was no doubt I had to have it. I took the car home and parked it being busy with a few other projects. In the spare time began the search for parts to replace the worn, broken, or missing items. fog lights, interior trim, brakes, tie rods, tires...... you know the drill. I went to the garage to check a few things out and discovered it has a B20A in it already!! Right On!! I didn't even look when I bought it. That has Sparked a little more interest in me so now I'm looking around a bit more carefully to see what other secrets it holds. The ECU is a PK3 so that seems right on par. I am unsure which transmission the motor is currently bolted to, a little more searching on here and I bet I will find a post with details on gear ratios and different models. I am curious to see what else I can find, here and on the car.

I guess that is about it for now. I wanted to say hello in the 3rd Gen section since that is why I am here. Oh the Screen Name. I grew up on a Dairy Farm in the Mid-West, hard work was an every day thing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
About a year ago I purchased a 91 SI 4WS from a local couple. Already being a 3rd gen Prelude owner I have a soft spot for these cars. What I did not expect was to have so much fun in the little 3rd gen on the test drive. I was truly surprised at how much fun I had driving this simple little car. I have worked for a few big name Honda Performance shops across the country so I have had the privilege of building and driving some very nice cars, even racing a few at events, a couple boosted NSX's, a 900 whp S2000 drag car, and every thing in between. For me to say I was actually excited and having fun in a little 91 Lude surprised the hell out of me. On the way there I was 90% sure I was going to buy it, now there was no doubt I had to have it. I took the car home and parked it being busy with a few other projects. In the spare time began the search for parts to replace the worn, broken, or missing items. fog lights, interior trim, brakes, tie rods, tires...... you know the drill. I went to the garage to check a few things out and discovered it has a B20A in it already!! Right On!! I didn't even look when I bought it. That has Sparked a little more interest in me so now I'm looking around a bit more carefully to see what other secrets it holds. The ECU is a PK3 so that seems right on par. I am unsure which transmission the motor is currently bolted to, a little more searching on here and I bet I will find a post with details on gear ratios and different models. I am curious to see what else I can find, here and on the car.

I guess that is about it for now. I wanted to say hello in the 3rd Gen section since that is why I am here. Oh the Screen Name. I grew up on a Dairy Farm in the Mid-West, hard work was an every day thing.
Sounds like you've had some fun cars to play with, welcome to the site . A lot of people do fall in love with the 3G though, I remember one guy describing them as having a big heart so maybe that's what it is.

There was a write up on here a while ago, some time in 2010 IIRC, where a member (think he was Australian) swapped internals from the gearbox of an f22 engined Accord into his 3g tranny; he said they dropped straight in and gave much longer gearing. Could be useful if you're looking for more relaxed cruising. I believe some people have also just dropped the Accord 5th gear in; to keep the bottom 4 closer for back road fun, but have a higher 5th for the highway.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Welcome.

Yes these cars are fun, just hard to support.
You can get some parts but really its mostly junkyard, maybe ebay or rockauto.com and the more common wear and tear parts.

But interior pieces, body panels, bumpers, hubs, engine harnesses, etc...those are all going to be junkyards or part outs.

I support two motor swaps, and traction bar, Ksport suspension, lip kit, powersteering reroute lines, rear visor, Engine Harness conversion for OBD1 motor swap or rebuilt OE engine harness, MLS headgasket, Billet adjustable short throw shifter.

More things on the horizon hopefully.

So enjoy your lude contact me for those things above should you decide to go those routes.

But remember you will not be able just do a google search and find parts so easily. And you may only find obscure sites which may or may not have that part you find.

Its our 3rd gen curse....lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts