Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damn you frm sleeves!

So my prelude has been blowing a little blue smoke out of the exhaust. Not too much but I think its enough so that it will fail emissions. I know that my engine (b21a1) is prone to oil blow-by because of the frm sleeves that honda put in these engines. As of right now I dont have the money or resources to rebuild the engine so that isnt an option. But I was wondering if theres any good oil additive for rings out there (I hear most just dont do anything) that I should combine with heavier oil and which kind of oil do you guys recommend? Ill be changing oil this week and this info would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I had a b21 it used a little oil but I just bought some Restore (or Engine Restore I don't remember the exact name) from autozone. Just put some in with your oil change and it will help. It helped my old lude its a good product IMO.

·
Premium Member
16,766 Posts
So my prelude has been blowing a little blue smoke out of the exhaust. Not too much but I think its enough so that it will fail emissions. I know that my engine (b21a1) is prone to oil blow-by because of the frm sleeves that honda put in these engines. As of right now I dont have the money or resources to rebuild the engine so that isnt an option. But I was wondering if theres any good oil additive for rings out there (I hear most just dont do anything) that I should combine with heavier oil and which kind of oil do you guys recommend? Ill be changing oil this week and this info would be very much appreciated.
You can try oil additives, but at this point, you will have no choice but to replace or rebuild. Additives can only do so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts