Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I did these mods back in the fall, but just now got around to uploading a few pics. Sorry about the dirty interior. Spring cant come soon enough so I can clean the Lude.

As you can see, I did the silver ring mod, but on a white faced gauge set. I didnt know if many have seen a non traditional combo like this. I admit, I like the ring mod more on the stock black face, but I dont think mine looks bad by any means ;)

The other mod makes use of the empty slot I had on my accessory cluster. P.S. I have usdm foggies. So why not make a custom mounted bass knob that looks stock and out of the way. I'm not sure if anyone has put a knob there before, but I don't know if it would have been possible without a JL audio one. I was able to take out the casing and mount it very easily with the help of Mr. Dremel.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why did you apologize for a dirty interior when we cant even see the dirty interior you speak of...lol
I guess its not that bad...Im just more anal about dust i suppose. When I was taking the pics tonight, I was thinking *ugh* I need to clean this car haha

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I guess its not that bad...Im just more anal about dust i suppose. When I was taking the pics tonight, I was thinking *ugh* I need to clean this car haha
haha not me man, im the same as you. i hate dust in the interior and vacum my car as soon as shit gets in it haha. like both mods and wish i had fogs so i could do the bass knob mod

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,260 Posts
Looks sweet yo! Where'd you get the white face gauge set? I wanna get a set like that fosr mye car.

Sorry if my spelling is bad... i blanme the acohol tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
I mounted my bass knob in my coin pocket in the center console. I need to make a flat piece to hide the bass control box and make it look professional. Its a nice clean, hidden install.

If I had fogs I would have mounted it like yours, looks good.

I can't normally stand to see the white gauge faces, but the silver rings make the faces not clash as bad.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I mounted my bass knob in my coin pocket in the center console. I need to make a flat piece to hide the bass control box and make it look professional. Its a nice clean, hidden install.

If I had fogs I would have mounted it like yours, looks good.

I can't normally stand to see the white gauge faces, but the silver rings make the faces not clash as bad.
really? I love my white gauges! Then again they are mugen:satisfied:
Posted via Mobile
Posted via Mobile

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
dont buy them lol...take the thing apart and pop them rings out and paint them...same difference...but for like 1$

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,260 Posts
dont buy them lol...take the thing apart and pop them rings out and paint them...same difference...but for like 1$
Word. Get a can of "chrome" spray paint and just spray the original rings. You just have to be careful popping them out, a lot of people are too rough and fuck up the posts that hold them in place.

It took me a little less than 15 minutes to pull everything apart and put it back together, waiting between assembly for the paint to dry was the longest part.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Word. Get a can of "chrome" spray paint and just spray the original rings. You just have to be careful popping them out, a lot of people are too rough and fuck up the posts that hold them in place.

It took me a little less than 15 minutes to pull everything apart and put it back together, waiting between assembly for the paint to dry was the longest part.
Agreed, its a very easy mod if you take your time. Just get some silver/chrome spray paint and you are good to go. Definitely be careful of the prongs that hold the rings in place. I used a push tac to poke them out from the backside.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what did you use to cover up that open slot for your fog switch?
Not sure if I know what you are asking, but with the fog kit I think the spot where I mounted the bass knob just comes with that blank filler plate. At least it was like that when I bought the car. I just mounted the knob onto it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts