Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went driving today in my 89 Prelude.
The battery was replaced about a week or two ago.
The a/c compressor needs replacing and I have a replacement coming for it.

Now, while driving I noticed the a/c was blowing stupidly weak (weaker than usual, like the force of an elderly relative blowing out birthday candles kind of weak) and the head unit kept resetting itself while I was driving (it would stop the music and go black for a few seconds and start up again as if I had turned off the car and turned it back on, as soon as I pressed play, the process would repeat itself), I noticed the radio worked better when the a/c was turned off though.
I went and parked the car at the fuel station and when I went back to my car, the battery was dead. Which is annoying because it's a new battery purchased about a week ago.

I had someone give me a jump and I drove home with the a/c off, the radio worked for a few second then the issue came back so I turned it off. When I got home I tried starting the car again and the battery was dead once again.

I saw this post: when-i-turn-on-ac-radio-turns-off.356936/ in the 3rd gen forum but it doesn't really answer the battery issue.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,544 Posts
I was going to say test your alternator and replace it. This is a common issue with any car not just specific to 3rd gens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts