Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-im almost done with the motor built after a year now so i decided to make a thread. im about due anways. long story short; i bought the car about three years ago. a year in, she started to have asthma attacks and spat out some lovely bluish white smoke. had it checked and compression was all outa wack and i needed to new piston rings. so i decided to rebuild. the cars been sitting for about a year now. ive been slowly accumulating parts. i go to school in another state so i was in no rush anways.

-for starters im taking out the h22a for my built h22a4. i replaced just about EVERY bolt, washer, gasket, and part straight from honda. the head has been hot tanked, 3 angle valve jobbed, and ported & polished. the bottom has also been hot tanked and crank has been micro polished.

- when i first gotter. back when she was innocent and untainted.

most of the parts pictured are old and already in the motor im building.

JGE dual valve springs & JGE titanium retainers

JGE flat-faced, black nitrade coated valves

supertech bronze valve guides & supertech vittone seals

crower stage II camshafts

skunk2 cam gears

87mm Cometic head gasket

eagle H beam conrods

- also have type s pistons, acl bearings and arp head bolts, and honda piston rings that i didnt get a chance to take a picture of. there also already in the motor.

skunk2 pro-series intake manifold & skunk2 pro-series 70mm throttle body. i installed before the car farted out on me so im reusin it.

injen sri. i have a bpi flowstack comming in the mail as i type.

a fresh set of motor mounts

some hyperflex inserts to go with the motor mounts

-for shits n giggles not necessarily needed for the build-
NRG torque damper

random voltage stabilizer

noname oil catchcan

aaaaaaaaaaaaand heres a recent pic of the car spooge-covered in different hues of primer. tryin to fix the high/ low spots. there every gawddamnit.

motor pics to come soon. :Rock:i should be going back up to the shop after new years.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
nice keep up the good work cant wait to see it when its done

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
flat black will look really nice

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.