Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions on my 99 5 speed manual prelude.
Whenever I let off the gas at relatively low speeds, its very "jerky" there is no clunks that i can hear but it almost feels like I stepped on the brakes for a second then let off. Any solutions to this? Another question is when i was driving my prelude i stepped on it and when I got close to 7k rpm it felt as though the transmission locked up and the car just reved up aggressively and didn't accelerate, it felt as if I put it into a lower gear without revmatching. I let off the gas and the car went back to normal and I could accelerate again but I didn't go past 5k because I was afraid. I know the clutch didn't slip but I dont know what it was. Any solutions to any of these questions? Thanks

·
Administrator
6,548 Posts
Check if your throttlebody is sticking.

Revs going up but nothing happening is likely a clutch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check if your throttlebody is sticking.

Revs going up but nothing happening is likely a clutch.
Hey thanks for replying! I'm actually swapping my prelude soon. Gonna do a G23 build, so when I take the engine out ill check the clutch and throttle. But it didn't really feel as if the clutch slipped, more like i threw it into a lower gear "money shift" but ill make sure. Ill keep this updated incase someone else has the same problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts