Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forums and it's either I missed the answer or it's not up. I was wondering if it's possible to turbo a Prelude SH because I've been looking for kits and i can't find any. I asked some people I know and they say that it might need to be costum because of the ATTS unit. Is this true?

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what i can remeber someone told me that that ATTS can only handle up to 275whp. After that the atts will not function and I think the car shuts off, im not too sure. I know I posted something like that a while back. And I think that if you wanna go more then 275 whp, u can pull out the fuse and it should be able to work at more than 275. if im wrong then correct me, i cant remeber for sure. check out this link....

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229421&highlight=SH+turbo

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
spdracer2099 said:
From what i can remeber someone told me that that ATTS can only handle up to 275whp. After that the atts will not function and I think the car shuts off, im not too sure. I know I posted something like that a while back. And I think that if you wanna go more then 275 whp, u can pull out the fuse and it should be able to work at more than 275. if im wrong then correct me, i cant remeber for sure. check out this link....

the shutting off is an old myth. You can go above 275 but you will just have dead weight on the car because it won't work anymore.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
right, the car won't shut off, atts will just be disabled. and i believe it's more around the 225whp range.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you mine as well switch out your atts, as in sell it, and get an LSD. if you are going to turbo it with any kind of power you will be overcome understeer and the corning problem of front wheel drive cars. but hey thats just what i would do

M

·
0 Posts
you can't just swap out atts for lsd on an SH. steering and cornering isn't that much of a problem, you just have to hold onto the steering wheel. there are two fuses you pull to disable atts so you don't have to worry about it coming back on.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
killer98lude said:
you mine as well switch out your atts, as in sell it, and get an LSD. if you are going to turbo it with any kind of power you will be overcome understeer and the corning problem of front wheel drive cars. but hey thats just what i would do
You can't just take out the ATTS unit and swap in a limited slip differential... do a search on honda-tech.com and you'll see it's not nearly that easy.

2.2L said:
you'll be dropping atts anyway with the tuning program you will need.
If he tunes with a piggyback system like GReddy e-Manage or e-Manage Ultimate it will be retained... I know, I know, it's not as good as an OBD-I conversion. :)

spdracer2099 said:

the car doesn't shut off... the ATTS is just disabled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts