Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
Happy Easter!

It's been nearly 6 months, so I guess it's time for an update! In a nutshell I have been working waaaaay too much and saving hard, and therefore while not much has changed on the Lude and it needs a few things still, on the other hand I am waiting for this to make it's way across the Pacific Ocean to me...

Don't worry...the Lude isn't getting sold and will remain my daily driver.

This S15 will be a weekend driver/light road trip/occasional track car. I wouldn't dream of driving it every day.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? And who did you go through to buy it?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks guys. I'll send some pm's out.

R34 GT-R is definitely the dream (as a matter of fact if I don't like this car for whatever reason, I'll probably get an R32 Skyline GT-R to build) but I don't have the cash that R34's go for. So pumped for this S15 though!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
^
So when we shooting photos?
The car is finally here, and we're just getting it inspected, then registered, etc. but probably wouldn't wanna take pics until I get some better rims on 'er.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
~Month later update

It's been one delay after another, but I'm finally hoping to have my S15 parked in my garage tomorrow! I'm sure lots of people love these cars and other JDM exclusives, but owning one can be complicated. I've been saving money, and sold my MX bike, so I'll be doing lots of mods to it soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!! It's been a long time coming to own this thing...

Ludewise...My buddy and I thought it'd be cool to put the car back together, at the minimal level, and start it for the first time in a while. Unfortunately, since I hardly have been working on cars I admittedly connected the positive battery lead to the negative side of the battery (or maybe it was the negative to the positive) and now the car gets no power, not even interior lights.

We tried another known working battery and still no power anywhere, and now I gotta figure out what the hell happened, and get on my way to getting it back on the street (with some new parts as well).

So, I definitely facepalm myself on that one.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
if you connected the battery via wrong terminals and started the car up, then the battery would have exploded.

If you just connected them and disconnected them once you quickly realized what you did...that means the main fuse would have blown.

Either way....check the fuses in the engine bay...and work from there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah it's definitely a fuse. As soon as I hooked it up it sparked and I was like "oh what am I doing".

Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well I guess it's time for an unfortunate update.

In a one day attempt to get the car back on the road after devoting so much time and money to my S15, I mocked up a custom 3 inch intake setup, as well as a Mishimoto 3 way baffled oil catch can for the crankcase breather and PCV valve, with the battery fuse replaced. Upon starting it up gas came gushing out of the fuel line, and long story short I became very frustrated with how big of a stab I made that morning/afternoon to not be able to take it to a local Luder's house (for his daughter's birthday) and I had a convential work light in my hand which uses a traditional light bulb.

I swore, and smacked the work light against the ground, which broke the bulb, and ignited the gasoline.

I put out the flames with a hose before anything major happened, but I know for a fact that one headlight is done, as well as lots of wiring in the two fender harnesses, as well as perhaps a bit in the main engine harness. The inner fender covers and plastic undertray melted as well, and one fender looks like shit.

The car is repairable don't get me wrong but it's going to take some electrical work. I'm either going to be buying a new harnesses for both fenders, ripping ones from wrecked Ludes, or attempting to piece together what I need to make a new harness for both fenders.

Just happy I put the flames out before the firefighters came. The interior is fine, engine is probably fine, and I'm still alive and the house didn't burn down. Once things went wrong, they couldn't have gone much better.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts