Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...I've delayed and procrastinated making a build thread for long enough. Now that I've owned the car just a few weeks shy of 2 years I'm finally doing it.

Hopefully now that I've made one I'll stay as motivated as I am right now to get my Lude to a level that I'm really happy with it.

This car is daily driven, but I'm looking to bring out the best in it.

Just throwing some pics up to get started, but I'll be putting a lot more images/story here on the first post. This first post will be regularly edited so that the mods list and car's appearance are kept current and up to date.

Engine
Euro-R Intake Manifold w/68 mm Skunk2 throttle body
Rosko Fuel Rail
Vibrant Header
3 inch piping from SMSP
3 inch magnaflow cat
3 inch Apex'i N1
JDM Type S Intake with K&N Filter
Password JDM CF Sparkplug cover
NGK Iridium Plugs and Wires
Basic wire tuck
Deleted Cruise Control, Windshield Fluid Reservoir

Suspension and Handling
Tein Basic Coilovers
Spoon Front Strut Bar
Spoon Rear Strut Bar
Powerslot.com front rotors
Hawk Performance street pads all around

Exterior
HID Headlights
JDM Fogligts
JDM Type S Front Lip
OEM Rear Lip and Side Skirts
35% tint all around
Sidemarkers removed

Interior/I.C.E.
Momo Tuner 350mm steering wheel
Momo GTR2 shift knob
Momo Performance shift boot
Leather Heated CDM seats
Blue Interior LED swap
Carbon Fiber trim kit
Rear seats/seatbelts deleted, removed spare tire and jack
USB chord wired through center console
Kenwood Double DIN GPS deck
Compustar Alarm

Near Future Plans
Bigger injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
Seibon CF Hood
Battery relocation
Short shifter
New rims and tires
Cut and polish paint

How it looked when I got it...

Nice on the outside

Nothing but a Type S intake and a filthy bay.

Tried an Integra Type R replica wing from Restyling Ideas...I was happy with it at first, but after a while the paint started too fleck, and my opinion of it changed. I took it off the other day and plugged the holes, hoping the wingless look would grow on me.

BIG WING FRENZY!

Some relatively new pics...

Last wash before I tick the wing off the other day

Cleanest shot of the bay I have.

Got this installed the other day...right now it's sitting with a random hose and fitting since the 68mm throttle body is bigger than the Type S intake's piping. Hmm...

Interior...sorry, very sunny

Cruisin' with the Vancouver Prelude Club just this Saturday

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Very nice. I can't decide if I want the Type S lip or not. sometimes I think it looks great, from other angles it looks kinda goofy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bob!

Very nice. I can't decide if I want the Type S lip or not. sometimes I think it looks great, from other angles it looks kinda goofy.
I like it. Gonna be trying a Greddy front lip soon...

It'll go nicely with E-Manage Ultimate :sly:

So sick! Pics of interior please!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yep putting some up now.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So many parts :eek: hehe I'm over at DJ right now and we were talking about your car LOl ! Looking good bud
Haha what were they saying? How much they hate it after last week and the Euro-R fiasco? :tounge:

And that's kinda the point. Wouldn't make a build thread if I was only doing a couple things to it lol.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was easy to install as a component, just the fuel rail I use just isn't compatible with EGR (working to fix that) and the throttle body is bigger than the intake piping. A lot of little hiccups like that along the way.

There's also the language barrier.

Worth it though. Definitely recommend Rosko for any Euro-R needs...can't wait to tune the setup.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
It was easy to install as a component, just the fuel rail I use just isn't compatible with EGR (working to fix that) and the throttle body is bigger than the intake piping. A lot of little hiccups like that along the way.

There's also the language barrier.

Worth it though. Definitely recommend Rosko for any Euro-R needs...can't wait to tune the setup.
Time for a custom intake :sly:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
do you know how much power you're making with your current setup?
I saw your thread in the 5th gen section and I'll just start off by saying that I definitely DON'T have 230hp at the wheels haha.

I wish...remember, my car is an SH.

I don't know how much power it makes. Haven't gotten my E-Manage yet, and haven't been to the dyno.

I'm not gonna bench race and guess the numbers, but since I haven't gotten the piggyback and gotten the car tuned, it's probably not that much higher than stock. Just "feels" better and healthier when you accelerate, sounds better, better throttle response, etc. Tuning is what will bring it all out.

When tuned, since I'm on stock cams and H22A4 block (which has its limitations, I'd love a Type S H22A in the future) but have the full list of bolt ons you can see in my mod list, I should be hovering a little bit below 200 whp. But again, this is just theorizing. It might end up just being in the 185-190 whp range at this point.

That's with a 3 inch exhaust and 68 mm TB and port matched Euro-R. The measurements on these components is widely believed to be the most optimal for power.

To get into the range you're talking about, just shy of the theoretical maximum power threshold of the ATTS system, I'd need a refreshed engine (or a Type S block...that'd be better) some aggressive cams, and a $1200+ custom header.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Alright...been researching things and am a little brain-fried. Don't wanna go creating a thread in the 5th gen section so...

For gauges, all that's necessary with these bolt ons is an Air/Fuel gauge, or wideband, correct?

An oil pressure gauge wouldn't be needed, would it?

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
Alright...been researching things and am a little brain-fried. Don't wanna go creating a thread in the 5th gen section so...

For gauges, all that's necessary with these bolt ons is an Air/Fuel gauge, or wideband, correct?

An oil pressure gauge wouldn't be needed, would it?
air/fuel gauge is a wideband

You don't really "need" one, but it helps to monitor. I was recommended a PLX M300, and so far love it.

I have an oil pressure gauge just to keep an eye on my engine due to my past issues with the pressure switch failing. But no, you don't need one just for bolt-ons (unless you want it for security)

There aren't really any gauges at all that you "need" for a mild tune with bolt ons. Just whatever you want to monitor.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
air/fuel gauge is a wideband

You don't really "need" one, but it helps to monitor. I was recommended a PLX M300, and so far love it.
Yes. I just mention the two names, been getting brain jumbled researching everything.

I was thinking either that or an AEM gauge. Oil pressure gauge doesn't seem necessary.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts