Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some opinoins on this, curious to what people would do.

My mom has a 98 Accord EX 4 Dr -5 SP w/Greddy Shift Knob and Intake. I was always interested in it. So my question is....

Would you rather drive a 98 Accord 5 Speed, or 99 Prelude SS??

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I'd rather get a different Prelude. Accords are the anti-fun...

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
ok i had kinda the same problem..i always wanted that same style accord, but then i got my lude..best thing i did...go with the lude who cares if its ss faster than the accord

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well since it has a greddy shift knob, DEFINITELY go with the accord :tongue2: J/P.

2doors > 4 .. go w/ the Lude

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The accord. I like 4-doors with 5-speeds :D

And I wouldn't be caught dead driving Automatic in anything but a truck or full-size sedan.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's 6 Lude, 4 Accord. Alright guys thanks. Funny thing is, it also has an HKS bomb muffler on there when she bought it. She was mad when they installed the stock muffler after.

·
Registered
708 Posts
the 98-02 accord coupes are very nice, i always told myself that if i never got a prelude then i would get a 2dr 5spd accord, they look luxorious and sporty at the same time.

yesterday i saw a v6 2dr 5spd accord, with rims, tinted windows and a aftermarket exhaust, almost looked as nice as my lude.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Antonious said:
yesterday i saw a v6 2dr 5spd accord, with rims, tinted windows and a aftermarket exhaust, almost looked as nice as my lude.
A 98-02 V6 5-spd? I didn't know that existed.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
RICE!!!!

No 5spd V6 from 96+ until the most recent ones.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
...I own a 99 prelude (5sp) and 98 2dr accord v6. The lude is my car show and the accord is the beater. I was really shocked to find out that my accord MPG wise ran circles around my lude. I often make a 400 mile trip to Stillwater,Ok to see my GF and I can go about 420 miles b/4 I have to fill up the lude. But the accord (no joke) was square dead in the middle of half a tank and 1/4 a tank, after 425 miles. (just food for thought)

But to answer your question, I'd rather drive my lude any day!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
My dad's 98 Accord V6 gets 32 mpg on the highway. My Prelude gets like 28. The Accord runs on regular, too.

Yet another reason for me to pick up a second car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts