Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new here and a recent and proud owner of a 97 SH. I am needing the dimensions for the trunk as I am wanting to go ahead and buy subs for it, but I am trying to figure out the dimensions I need for the box to fit like I want it to. I would do it myself, but I am in Iraq and the car is in VA.

·
I <3 Retro's!!!
263 Posts
I got a 31x18x14 ported box and now that its in there i dont think it will be coming out so thats probably the max u can go. im also touching on the rear speakers. My sealed box fit very well also with was 30.5x17(bottom depth)15(top depth) and 13" tall perfect fit for the trunk i think without going custom hope it helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I am wanting the sub to fit in the location in red. I am trying to maximize the amount of trunk space left. I will more than likely be mounting the amp on the back of the seat or the back of the box facing the rear of the seats.

·
I <3 Retro's!!!
263 Posts
I see. My amp wont fit on the seat, its too wide so it is mounted to the box. I guess you should try and be exact on what your thinkin, like are you gonna go with 8's, 10's, or 12's? how big of subs are you lookin at wattage wise? I have two Alpine Type R 12's thats are looking for a home and for a smaller sub I have two 12 inch Memphis Reference series, which are nice too, they can handle a decent amount of power considering there only rated at 400 watts peak a piece i believe. If you already have your own stuff just let me know what it is, and i will try to help as best as i can.

·
12,918 Posts
Sweet. A luder from Iraq. Preludepower first?
I don't suggest putting your amp on the back of the rearseat. It's really just a pain for the wiring as it gets all cluttered. It's a lot simpler/easier to mount it on the box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts