Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Oi Oi Oi
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm new to the forums but I have a story that people might find interesting here.

I was driving to a friend's house yesterday to pick him up, we were going to go hang out, burn some gas, find something to do in this town where nothing happens. A black honda, I can only assume it was a civic, it had been lowered and looked like it had atleast something done to it, so I sped up to try to get a closer look and it saw me and sped off probably pushing 100, weaving through traffic and it was gone in a matter of minutes. The area we were driving through is notorious for being covered with cops and I wasnt going to risk a ticket to hget a closer look at a civic that had far more done to it than my own '96 Prelude (ddubtoille's old lude btw, Blue AEM Short Ram, new tires, snew set of spark plugs and thats all I've had the chance to do so far).
Anyway I kept going thinking I'd never see this car again, but about 5 minutes later we came upon it and this time it didnt seem to see me so I sped up and merged across its lane (behind it) and into the lane to its right and sped off. It was on my tail instantly and matched me the whole way, following me through rush hour traffic. I was trying to find a point at which there was two open lanes, as we passed a black Mustang. I pulled about 3 cars in front of it (the Civic in the adjacent lane behind me but in front of the Mustang) and thats when its lights turned on. I just about shit my pants and looked down at my speedometer to see 105 on it. Theres no way I'm going to get out of this one, but the Civic pulled into my lane between the Mustang and myself and the Mustangs lights went off all of a sudden. Then the Civic went off the next exit and I pulled into the lane to my right and reduced down to 60 mph and the Mustang just rolled by. It was quite possibly the weirdest experience I've had so far.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
wow
i like racing too but driving through traffic like that
at rush hour is stupid

when ever i see somebody racing in traffic like that
i go out of my way to block them and piss them off
then they try to racer me and i flip them off

save the racing for low traffic times or seculed out of city roads or the strip
its too dangerous you cant control others people driving

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
agreed. If you are going to race on the streets do it late at night or at least in the evening when the street become pretty empty. It is not worth destroying somebody elses life.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yeah, I didnt really understand what you were trying to say either.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
yes apparently the mustang was a cop.
he should have pulled you over.

·
Oi Oi Oi
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, i know it was stupid, I feel lucky that I didn't get pulled over (yes, there's A LOT of undercover cops in black mustangs here, many of them try to trap you into racing)

·
Registered
812 Posts
yea, i know it was stupid, I feel lucky that I didn't get pulled over (yes, there's A LOT of undercover cops in black mustangs here, many of them try to trap you into racing)
I've heard of that, They take cars that they impound and confiscate(caught street racing) retro-fit them w/ Popo gadgets , and hit the streets. A$$holes

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah there was a new challenger here with blacked out windows and they had a trim around the tag covering up part of the words, but when I looked real close it had "police" written on the tag..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
In KY they have undercover Camaro's im not sure if they are V6 or V8s prolly V8. If you look in the back windows you can see a little box almost like a brake light and its usually the red and blue... IVe seen a few dodges but they are actually marked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts