Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 95k miles on my 97 lude. I know i need a tune up, but what does it entitle and i heard not to go to a Honda dealer. any thoughts would be nice. I would like to know what i should get replaced/repaird on the car how much it should cost. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
97 ludes are covered under the new emissions warranty. you should be able to get plugs and wires for free at your honda dealer. cat also if yours has failed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
are you serious?
they will do that to a 97 regardless of miles?
will they only do it to a stock lude?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
So your telling me that my 98 lude with 96k on it, can be taken to the dealership for a 100k tune up and they will cover it all? Even if i didnt buy the car and its had 2 owners. That would be kinda crazy.....:Rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
97SHlude said:
are you serious?
they will do that to a 97 regardless of miles?
will they only do it to a stock lude?
the mileage i believe can not be over 150k....it was posted on this and other prelude forums as well....i wasn't sure so i took my car into the dealership and asked, they checked my vin # and said it qualifies for the free services.... i was like... :turn:

SamEyeHam said:
So your telling me that my 98 lude with 96k on it, can be taken to the dealership for a 100k tune up and they will cover it all? Even if i didnt buy the car and its had 2 owners. That would be kinda crazy.....:Rock:
sorry it covers a few honda models but in regards to the prelude its only for the 97 model and under i believe....

link to what i'm talking about...

http://slickdeals.net/category/newdeals/?daysago=62#p7108

if the link doesn't work, just got to slickdeals.net and do a search for honda....

hopefully this will help save some money for those that needs to do the services.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
i didn't read milage, but they'll give you the tune up of plugs and wires. its only for 97 tho, no 98's.

i'm wondering if they'll do it for my car. my car has a different vin from the engine......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
:wzbigcry:That Is So Stupid! I Want To Punch Something Right Now.
No Fair!
:wzbigcry:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,918 Posts
ya, don't go to the dealer cuz i did when i knew nothing about cars and they effed me so bad that it hurt deep inside when i found out several months later...all they did was NOT change my cap, rotor, and plug wires...cost me $360...who knows what else they didn't do...i have since figured out to do things on my own because of pp.com!!! thx guys, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
he has a 97, so i'd deff start at the dealer and have them run the vin to see if he can get the free stuff. if not then diy, but for sure take whats free.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
I think this is the honda dealership getting me back for me insulting them in a previous post. I cant believe they wont do a 98 thats so STUPID.:wzbigcry:


Ok done bitching :smilejap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
wow!!


i get a free tune up on my '97?


sweet, i might go to honda this weekend!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
97SHlude said:
will they only do it to a STOCK lude???:Rock:
not sure...when i brought my car in, i had a v2 intake and they didn't say anything about it...u should definitely go in and have it done...this service must be worth a couple of hundred bucks...they had my car for a little bit over a hr...and labor at this dealership is 95/hr!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
damn i could definately use this, im at 120k. too bad my damn license is suspended. arrgh, ill get my girl to drive it down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
I just called Honda and gave them my VIN and they dont have this info in their records. Im in Canada so I guess that has something to do with it. Sucks, I want free stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
I think this is the honda dealership getting me back for me insulting them in a previous post. I cant believe they wont do a 98 thats so STUPID.:wzbigcry:


Ok done bitching :smilejap:
FEEL THE SAME.
WHY.. WHY NOT 98!!!!! :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
Bender said:
not sure...when i brought my car in, i had a v2 intake and they didn't say anything about it...u should definitely go in and have it done...this service must be worth a couple of hundred bucks...they had my car for a little bit over a hr...and labor at this dealership is 95/hr!


wait a minute?


we have to pay labor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
no, you shouldn't have to pay labor. print out the letter from the link, go to honda, and see what htey say
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top