Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at my friend's house hangin out and he decided he wanted to take it to the back of the neighborhood where there's a PERFECT road to drag on. We played keep up on the way there, corners are FUN, except for the fact that I have bad tires.. Anyway.. We got there and talked for a few.. then on 3 we were on our way.. keep in mind we're both extremely novice drivers so our shifting isn't the best.. Anyway, after getting ahead by 3 cars or so I slowed town and laughed at him. Next run I missed 3rd and messed myself up so he won. Then we tried to teach my other friend how to drive stick, WOW that was freakin hilarious.. Then as usual it was back to Madden 09 on Ps3 =D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
eclipse ftl

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was balls slow, Neither one of us was really pushin it though. I drove the eclipse around for a few, it's a fun little car to drive but Honda ftw =D

·
Registered
384 Posts
i always saw the eclipse as a girly car

but then again people have told me the prelude is a girl car

·
Registered
61 Posts
DSM Crank walk ftl,
Eclipse ftl.

I've owned 4 DSM's and i can tell you they can be REALLY fast for REALLY cheap. I can buy a GST or a TSI 1G for $3000 or less put maybe $500 to $800 in it and with a good tune run high 12's.

As for crank walk its only on the 7 bolt motors the 6 bolt motors don't do that thats why most 2G owners swap in the 6 bolt motors into there cars. I love Preludes, but it would take a shit ton of money to make a Lude run 12's.

·
Registered
215 Posts
All eclipses are slow. And the ones that aren't slow go fast but they dont go fast very long before you are on the side of the road.I had a GST.... well have, its a nice lawn ornament...

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
All eclipses are slow. And the ones that aren't slow go fast but they dont go fast very long before you are on the side of the road.I had a GST.... well have, its a nice lawn ornament...
They're certainly not slow cars and can be made fast very cheap. The 6 bolt 4g63 is actually a very reliable motor and like any car can last as long as any other car. It's when you start throwing bigger turbos, launching them hard on the stock rear and poor tuning is when shit starts to break. Look at similiar built Hondas and you will see the same thing. I will agree that the trannys are absolute garbage, but a shep tranny will fix that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts