Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster. First want to say hello to all the Prelude lovers!

Now to my strangely weird problems I'm having with my 95 prelude. About 2 years ago driving home from work on a rainy day. I park, turn the key to the off position expecting the car to turn off. Well that didn't happen. The car kept running with no key in the ignition for about 15 minutes, then randomly turned off.

A couple hours later I'm awoken by my Viper car alarm sounding off. This is one of those systems with push button start. So after running outside I immediately panic (bad neighbor hood) and decided to cut the battery leads due to work down nuts.

Now about a year after the previous incident, I replace both cables, and the battery. But here's the thing, one I go to connect the sectors lead to the battery the care automatically start to crank over, without the keys in the ignition.

Thinking it was the viper alarm I found the alarm control box and disconnect it completely. But the same problems keep happening.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also sorry for my poor grammar, English is not my specialty. Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sound like bad wiring on the alarm . I too had issues years ago with a bad alarm install from previous owner....I would remove it completely and start over or have a shop do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts