Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled into a BK parking lot when I see a clean slammed gti at the traffic light right in front of me. I then hear it rev up so I throw back a friendly rev, and 30 seconds later the guy loops around and asks me if I want to race. I asked what was done to it, and he said it was just chipped and had an intake so I said why not and we hopped on the highway and went from a 40 roll. I have never been in a more evenly matched race in my life. His hair dryer turbo got about a car jump on me, but I pulled even in 3rd gear and through 3rd and 4th we were completely even. Everytime he would shift I would gain ground then he would shift, but nobody was ahead by more than a door at the most (a golf door at that). We ran 2 times, both times had the same outcome. I followed the guy into a parking lot and we talked for about an hour, he was impressed that I kept up. I found out he had a 3 inch downpipe(open for the race, he had a cutout), a manual boost controller, Upsolute stage 2 tune, intake, and more importantly that it was a 20th anniversary. I had no idea they were that quick, as I beat my buddies mkv golf with an intake and stage 1 APR tune. He said he should be putting down around 210-215whp which made me feel a lot better about my car, especially because of the mods I have (stock intake with k/n drop in and resonator removed, 2.5 inch ebay testpipe and catback and a basemapped p28). I can't see my car putting down more than 175 to the wheels. He then showed me a video of him racing a h22 hatch which only won by half a car, which made my damn night haha

·
Registered
91 Posts

Lol seriously though cool story bro! I like hearing racing stories that are actually about cars worth a shit.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice. I see those 20th anniversary GTI everyday at work. I mean, they look nice if slammed with some deep ass dish rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts