Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
This one came in today :D

Done buying things for this one for a little while and refocus my funds on the daily. :p pretty big purchase coming up tomorrow

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Couldn't wait lol

I really like the slim feel and makes me want to race haha

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ah, thats you on FB. You got the rare shit. :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ah, thats you on FB. You got the rare shit. :)
yea man. I already know how rare prelude parts are and when this pops up i have to get it if i have the money for it.
Haha diggin deep for these parts I see. I love it!
when you dig deep, you get that much more appreciation for building a beauty of a honda.

tryin to 1 up your neighbor ey?..lol :p
I told you i was coming for you :d
now, i need more money....

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Plan on taking the car on road trips for car meet and what not so why don't I get one of these.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Long road trips are made much easier on your prelude by using plastic dip. You can use it on hoods and fenders and lips and bumpers no issue. Its pretty resilent to chipping as well. I knwo many guy who us it on thier offroad vehicles to help elimnate rusting and pitting and what not.

also its better than using masking tape as it is much easier to pull off.

·
Registered
601 Posts
until then, ill just stack parts like have been for 3 years..

Looking at your bedroom, like looking at mine own ...... What a bunch of crazy people we are.........

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Long road trips are made much easier on your prelude by using plastic dip. You can use it on hoods and fenders and lips and bumpers no issue. Its pretty resilent to chipping as well. I knwo many guy who us it on thier offroad vehicles to help elimnate rusting and pitting and what not.

also its better than using masking tape as it is much easier to pull off.
thought about that but what about rock chips?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
From what i have seen, if its applied right, to a clean surface with a feww applications then it is pretty good against rock chips too, althogh, a big enough or fast enough rock and theres not much anyhting can doo, aside frorm maybe 3m rock shield maybe.

I think we should start a parts pile thread, cuz i got piles and piles on piles of parts, it would be great to have a thread where everyone posts thier parts hoards, cuz lord knows we all got them!!

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
From what i have seen, if its applied right, to a clean surface with a feww applications then it is pretty good against rock chips too, althogh, a big enough or fast enough rock and theres not much anyhting can doo, aside frorm maybe 3m rock shield maybe.
Big enough stuff still dents the 3M stuff, but it's a ton better than nothing! We have the 3500 and Boxster front ends covered with the 3M film, and it has been awesome. While nothing has made it's way to the paint, there are a couple of spots where the film has been nicked (although I'll take that over a rock chip any day!).

On the Mazda, we have a much thinner, cheaper film and it has not weathered nearly as well. The film is quite pitted, which I figured would happen as this film was 1/4 the price of the film for the other cars (plus it was a die cut kit).

I think we should start a parts pile thread, cuz i got piles and piles on piles of parts, it would be great to have a thread where everyone posts thier parts hoards, cuz lord knows we all got them!!
Oh gosh, I don't even want to think about excess parts laying around the garage!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
pile has been getting bigger... lol

how much did the 3M shield run you?

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
The 3M place I used does all custom installations, so nothing is die cut. I want to say the Boxster was $1400-ish (hood, fenders, mirrors, headlights, driving lights, and turn signals), while the truck was a a few hundred more (hood, fenders, door edges, door sills, headlights, turn signals, driving lights, and rear dually fender flares).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
ill be looking at that thanks!!

been MIA but doesnt mean i cant stack more parts!! this time i purchased oem goodies that needed some attention.

got things for the daily and this project build :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Then...

Now...

LOL

my aero Magic *big Mike* edition lip came in.

just stacking until i have time to piece this together..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So it's been a while i posted on here and thought i should update. Got more parts in and including this treasure I received today.

I felt like a little kid in christmas and started opening up everything knowing it wasnt going to be installed a long ways from now lol. Been wanting this kit for a good while and never thought I would find it. A random search led me to this unbelievably BNIB setup!

on to the pics

all nicely packaged and everything.

Some JDM printing and what not...

Even though they are new, I still can see room for making these calipers "bling" ;)

Never seen any brake lines like this soo pretty material makes me feel confident that I can pull 60-0 stops in record time! haha.

Caliper brackets..

and finally this super nice looking rotor! the hue on this thing is wicked!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts