Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
94 Vtec Restoration/Upgraded Daily

Hello all,

I have 2 4th gens. The one in this thread is to keep OEM as possible and add some flair to it. I have a 95 Helms and fair amount of tools. I have read a few threads about this certain build and lack most of the items necessary to make a complete build. haha

MY GOAL:
Keep as much of the car the same :)

I picked up a JDM h22 motor that Ill drop in and a pieced up one that ill use for parts for misc parts.

Cant decide if im gonna keep the Powersteering on it or not...

now the future pieces i'm working on are:
Euro R IM w/ S2k 68 mm TB (port matched :D)
Bisi Header (from GB) 8)
Neptune EMS
Im in school and have some shells to get rid of this summer to get a daily and start piecing my dream car :D

Road Block

What cam profile to go with that will yield me some good torque that wont be custom?!

Looking forward to the your feedback

BTW the info from the link in my sig will be posted here. :)

PICS from the stuff i've gathered on the other thread.
H23 Crank w/ h23 pistons on left and H22 pistons on Right waiting for their trip to the machine shop. :)

The Misc. Pieces for the Proper conversion

JDM H22 :) block could use a new owner.

Water Pump and Crank timing belt Gear
finally got what i've been longing for!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so im goin w/ type S pistons AND type S valvetrain. :) Best OEM option possible w/ dedicated h series parts. Ill be picking up pistons and look for valve train this week.

Picked up a M2f4 Tranny yesterday. gonna clean it up and start searching for the 5spd swap parts. :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im looking for motor mounts. does innovative have the auto-5spd conversion mounts?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
not looking to really make this build a rev monster. i'd say no more than 8k.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOO reliving this and decided to go big or go home! :D

getting sleeved and bored :D

updated info in 1st post!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
May want to look at going bigger on the TB, and maybe a different IM setup. From talking with some of the guys who have done alot of testing and pushing with the H motors, 95 mm stroke engine like a TB larger than 70 MM. Also the Euro-R is a good manifold for fairly stock H22, but once you go so much bigger, you will have a lots of torque based on the displacement and r/s ratio of the engine, so going with more flow may be better. Without spending big dollars on something like a Golden Eagle, there is a good bit of gains to be had by opening up the stock manifold, something that both Randy Owens and Rosko are doing for people now.

For cams, and not planning to rev over 8K, I would go with Skunk2 tuner 2 or 3, or a Pro1.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
picked up some goodies. :)

Eagle H Beam Rods

Darton Flanged Sleeves

Value Sport Type 3 Spoiler

Rennsport Starks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill be just stacking parts until i finish up my daily. then this build will get the attention it deserves :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How does this wing mount to the trunk??

OEM holes:Oo:
there are no holes in the spoiler.. I've thought about using liquid Nails on there.. lol

OR i could use the oem holes. not sure which direction to go in.

Im getting a VC, FM cooling plate, and a shift plate PC'ed one color for this build. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts