41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
nice thread

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've done the conversion a few months prior to the write up. It's been over 1 year and a half... My car is also manual now so I use the e-brake more often. Even before the manual conversion, it held up fine. Never had any issues.

As far as the metal bars go and their position, "measure twice, cut once".
It's just trial and error. They don't lead to underneath the car Unless you decide to get longer self tapping screws. The "tunnel" where the exhaust runs, consists of 3 sheets of metal. The first one is the one you will be drilling through, the 2nd is the floor board which is between the inside and the outside of the car. The 3rd is a heat shield for the exhaust.

If you want secure the e-brake more, you can do it the hard and long way. Lou (dark_rican) changed his e-brake cables to the 94-96. Which are longer and don't need to be extended. However holes will be needed for the bracket for that to stay in place. The next thing he did, was pound the tunnel in more, so that it sits lower. He did it that way because he didn't use bars to secure the e-brake.

He had access to a lift, removed the exhaust and heat shield, and got bolts twice the size of mine if not longer. Then went through the car and used a washer and nut on the bottom of the car.

The purpose of my write up is to do the conversion without going underneath the car, welding, and changing the e-brake cables.

I went to a local shop back in late February, and paid 35 bucks to get it welded since I wanted peace of mind for when I do the manual conversion.
Here are some pictures if they help:

As you can see from the holes, I've made a lot of mistakes, but that was also my first time doing it. On other vehicles that I've done this to, the install was flawless.

If you're worried about rusting, paint over the bare metal.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Again, I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your vehicle during or after the write up. This is to be done at your own risk.

yea dont worry I'm not gonna come after u should it screw up. lol for now the car is auto so i wont be using it that much right now anyway.

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
that pic if freaking HUGE man. lol daaamn. i got lost.

·
Registered
73 Posts
is it possible to do this without purchasing the 94-96 ebrake? can i just modify the 92-93 one, or is it just for looks to have the ebrake boot? thanks in advance to anyone who might know

i think that the 92-93 ebrake would look cleaner, i dont like the look of the 94-96 ebrake with boot, the 92-93 ebrake is much cleaner. i just bought a 94+ console with working cupholder and leather lid (guy included dimmer, half mast, and fog light switches - and the cupholder replacement plate with it too- all for a total of $50. i think i got a killer deal :)

i have a 93 and have the attachment console, but like the cupholder big time and also now i can move the cc/sunroof/dimmer switches so i can put in my new honda access pouch :) great place to store the cigs :)

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
uh-oh.:shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
5luglude, you have a private message. You appear to be scamming me on those interior panels and you better give me a refund or have those panels on my doorstep VERY soon. Paypal dispute is being filed NOW.

Sorry for the OT, he doesn't respond very well in private.:jehon:

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
there a problem? im asking a legit question.

if you dont know, dont post. hmm?

need i say more? you know what the problem is. just take a look at the post before this one. im staying out of it. this should not be discussed in this post. but about your question, i don't know. just try it for yourself. thats basically all there is to it. anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I really doubt that the ebrake would work at all they are shaped completely different youd probly hafta cut the 94+ console to make it work at all then it would look much worse than a 94+ ebrake with a boot.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
5luglude, you have a private message. You appear to be scamming me on those interior panels and you better give me a refund or have those panels on my doorstep VERY soon. Paypal dispute is being filed NOW.

Sorry for the OT, he doesn't respond very well in private.:jehon:

5luglude is Eric Schultz and a known scammer so be careful around the guy.

Sorry he did to you what he tried to do to me. PMed ya info on him. Hope it helps.

Mike (H4L)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry guys... I've searched everywhere and am now turning to those of you who have already done this swap for your wisdom... I also have a 94-96 console however have been unable to get my hands on an e brake. Just wondering if I could use a 5th gen (97-01) e brake instead?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sorry guys... I've searched everywhere and am now turning to those of you who have already done this swap for your wisdom... I also have a 94-96 console however have been unable to get my hands on an e brake. Just wondering if I could use a 5th gen (97-01) e brake instead?
Well, the 5th gen e-brake is on the passenger side.
Honestly, it's really a matter of how well you are at shaping the brackets and mounting it to the car. Now if you had a JDM/EDM console, that's another story.

·
Registered
67 Posts
where did u guys buy your 94-96 consoles? if someone has one that is selling let me know. im interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
rare attatchment??????

for the 93.. where could you get those?

·
Registered
261 Posts
where did u guys buy your 94-96 consoles? if someone has one that is selling let me know. im interested.

keep a close eye one ebay, they get listed and go quickly (the ones priced well anyway)

Theres another one right now on ebay. Type in prelude console and its right there

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got the console in mint condition with a leather lid and working cupholder for 125 shipped. No ebrake.

sorry didnt mean to cockblock you with the console

.....I meant, theres none on ebay or anywhere else in the world. bboixtc has the only left, so buy his

41 - 60 of 85 Posts