Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my names john and i have a 93 prelude with a h23a1. i just bought the car yesterday and when i got it i checked the codes and it threw a 43 and 15. one is the ignition output signal and the other is the fuel supply system. i know the o2 sensor is bad. the fuel filter was just replaced.
the symptoms it is having are that when i hit the gas and it goes to about 4,000 rpm the rpms will jump around and the car will die. then i have to start it back up.

i really need help and would appreciate it so i can get my first car running right

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you know the o2 sensor is bad, start with that.
it might take care of the code 43 it might not, either way fix what you know is wrong first, and then work on the rest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if you know the o2 sensor is bad, start with that.
it might take care of the code 43 it might not, either way fix what you know is wrong first, and then work on the rest.
i agree. a bad 02 sensor could be jacking with your fuel air mixture causing it to act wacky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help, whatever is messing with the air/fuel ratio is making my car run rich im pretty sure cause i smell quite a bit of gas when its just sitting there in one spot running

·
Registered
149 Posts
thanks for the help, whatever is messing with the air/fuel ratio is making my car run rich im pretty sure cause i smell quite a bit of gas when its just sitting there in one spot running
yeah about the fuel, thats not healthy. but yeah, check the o2 sensor, they can mess with that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i had a similar problem where the tach would get all jumpy but only occansionally. took me awhile to figure that one out. take your distributor cap off take the rotor off and the black plastic cover remove. you can see the pickup coil. one of my connections were loose. check for corrosion and also if it feels loose get a needle nose plier and give the connections a little squeeze to tighten the connections than put the connectors back on. that solved my tach issue. it would get jumpy and throw the mil light on and the car would die out on me. that solved my problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to check out the pickup coil today but its raining :/
ill let you know if that solves the problem
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts