Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
92 Prelude S (BA8) Restoration/Moneypit :)

Now that I have laid to rest my 1st love. I will transfer as much as I can from her to my new shell. Got this Shell from a local luder who was overwhelmed by the issues he was dealing with. Here is what I am starting with…

Plans:
-Swap everything from here:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364145

Progress: 1st order of business is to pull the motor and clean the GREASED up bay.

Before:

After:
2 cans of engine degreaser and a power wash

If anyones looking for anything from this shell let me know cause everything that's blue is going to the trash..

Since this will be the MONEY PIT i am considering using Blakes setup to run up to 400 hp on a stock block!

Euro R pulley
JDM H22 Head + valvetrain
LSD Tranny or LSD to my M2a4

this is my reference for my block :D
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358383
98vtec's "daily" block
Darton dry sleeves
89mm bore wiseco custom pistons 12:1
Crower H22 rods
H23 crank
Oem honda bearings clearanced by me
Arp main studs
KS balancer delete
Resurfaced block deck
Full balance of rotating assembly
OEM oil pump
OEM water pump
Manual tensioner setup

Since he's into fab now he can make me a manifold now :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
hell yeah man! 4g love! god, the lude in your sig pic is beautiful man. good luck with the new project! looks like you know what you're doing but let me know if you have any technical questions!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frank! i want 5th gen abs details on fitting to the 4th gen chassis! update your thread w/ schematics on how to hook it up. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
frank! i want 5th gen abs details on fitting to the 4th gen chassis! update your thread w/ schematics on how to hook it up. :)
shoot. i'm waiting till i do the mod again on my track lude. just wish i had the time and money to go to town on that thing... dont we all lol oh well it'll happen soon

your engine bay pics look strangely familiar lol the last 10 pics in this album were taken yesterday http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150937219119717.442140.500794716&type=1

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you used a toothbrush!?! jeezzus.. looks clean but... damn! im thinking about using some carwash soap..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks! i used a toothbrush-like-device lol. it's a plastic bristle scrub brush. the head of it is about 1.5 to 2x the size of your standard toothbrush

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a few of those.. might get to working on it..

UPDATE:

started to disconnect and pull my A1 out of my other lude :( This is the only automatic SI i know of that came with Leather interior. here's before:

want to fix these leaks on the motor but not too sure where they are.. I think the cam seal and balance shaft seals needed to be swapped. Maybe even the crank seal by the tensioner too.. :eek:

swapping out the clutch with this from the f22 i pulled since i had almost NO pressure when shifting and i had already replace my master and slave cylinders already
Stage 1 Exedy Clutch

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update #3

Pulled the motor out and started replacing seals and clutch cause when i last drove the car i had a real hard time shifting after i had replaced my master and slave cylinders. That leaves the clutch as the next resort...

Pull my transmission and pull my clutch and this is what i see...

Needed a clutch swap badd!! idk where that metal piece came from but dropped as soon as i pulled the pressure plate off..

Next order of business...

here's a tip for those looking to change out their seals.

A self tapping screw. BE VERY CAREFUL not to scratch Crank or Girdle

PN for rear main seal = 91214-PLE-003

also swapped out the front crank seal which led to doing the timing all over again. I struggled but it wasnt too bad. :silly:
PN for Front Crank seal= 91212-p0A-004

forgot to get a before picture but most know how dirty these things can get...

Secret to my success = Gasoline into a spray bottle and went to town!

:D

Changed Dizzy O-ring Picked up @ local auto parts store. Needed it bad too!

Since this car will be a daily, i kept the balance shafts and put in a new seal. Did some research and i would reccomend getting this metal bracket kit to avoid any chance of the balance shaft seal from popping out cause I read that it happened often on Accords. Comes with a seal for the dip stick too! :)
PN for Balance shaft bracket kit = 06923-P0A-306
PN for Balance Shaft Seal = 91233-PT0-003

semi-new clutch.. lol

Putting the transmission was such a bitch!!! How do you guys make it any easier if possible, than lifting the tranny and wobbling it to go in?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Up next is to calibrate my TPS since it broke trying to get the motor out and try and calibrate it.. anyone have tips??

I also have to wait for SkylineKin's shipment to come in and ill be using Energy Suspension inserts on my oem Mounts since aftermarket mounts are too pricey for my budget right now.. :(

Afterwards, I think I am ready to start tackling the interior..

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
this build will require many man hours :( I will try and document all of it too!

remembered that this shell was in a fender bender a while back and the rear wheels were pushed back and i noticed the toe adjusting arm on the passenger side is all wobbly. Now it seems ill be changing out a rear subframe too!!

Notice the space in the gapss :/

Passenger's Side:

Drivers Side:

not sure if i Uploaded this but this is what i used to seat my rear main seal.. hope it could work for someone needing something accessible

got some items in Today from SkylineKin :)

wanted to make it easier to install the motor having a Euro R pulley and all so i decided to remove P.S. JB weld Plugs! :d

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pulled a Remanufactured Rack n Pinion from one of my shells. Added some grease to the rod and threw on a new boot

then i pulled all the Power Steering Lines since I wont need them anymore :)

Afterwards, I did another take on my engine bay trying to make it look whiter after i removed ALL Power steering lines :)

Beginning:

Before my PS lines were taken out and 2 cans of engine degreaser with a power wash

After removing PS lines and minor scrubbing w/ carwash soap:

What Im waiting for now is Energy suspension bushings for my lower control arms, bump stops for the Teins, and Some powder coating goodies :) Sure is nice to have a Credit Card handy to make quick progress. Leaves me broke for the weekend but im ok with that :p

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats correct. It's retired now and it's a slim chance ill ever bring it back. However, I have this project and a BB4 ill be making look nice :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
unfortunately they werent. :/ Replicas are hard to come by as is.. Imagine genuine hiros? besides fitment was really good on those replicas

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well, while i wait for some parts to come in, I took a look around the bay and noticed alot of peeled wires around the headlight/washer fluid resevoir. I thought about swapping it all from my shell but didnt want to take off and install 2 times... Since the prev. owner mentioned some short kept him from enjoying the ride, I took it upon me to throw on some heat shrink onto the harness that way i see where it's peeled and it will add another shield of protection. It's late and pics wont look good but i spent all day on one side. lol SUCKS and i was a bit delirious and screwed up a few time but finally i think i did alright :)

cant wait to share what it looks like now. Kinda looks like a tucked harness. lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts