Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's paint looks kinda flat, ill put a pic up in a dayor two but its like a flat red color. Lighter than the milano red of honda. It's nice but has no gloss to it.

What are my options, ive had some tell me just waxing probably wouldnt help, but a wet sanding would. What do you guys think?

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would not recoment wet sanding it to start with. Your paint is simply oxidized. Try buffing if with a dimond cut buffing compound. Meguires makes a pretty good product at a resonable price. After you buff it out wash it with a soft lint free non-scratching cloth, NO BATHROOM CLOTHS, they will leave small scratches. After you dry it then wax it. However if you paint is to oxidized for this to work, which is unlikey, you now have to wait for the fresh coat of wax to eventually wash off before you can do further work. If the buff and wax did not work and after the wax has been fully removed, then you can try wet sanding. I recoment using a 1500 or 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Any corcer and you will be cutting through any remaining clear coat you have, leaving apperrant scratches behind, and creating more work for yourself than you need to and than your ready for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont believe it's oxidized, its a brand new paint job, but its as if someone painted it and didnt put a clear coat so its kinda gritty to the touch. Its a nice bright candy apple color red, but it doesnt catch the light like my black probe gt did. The car was a 93 and I still get compliments on its like new paint job.
Im happy with everything else on the car except for that.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
sound like they put too much hardener in the paint. If this is so your only option is a repaint, otherwise it would be foggy nomatter how far you sand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts