Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going ahead and spending thousands of euros boosting my lude, it is now almost dead. I was boosting only 8psi and first thing to go was my crankshaft which i replaced and now piston number 2 has no compression. I truly love the car but H23 parts are hard to come by while im in Germany. I was able to find a 3rd gen lude with a B20A9 engine and tranny which i was kind of hoping I could use either to transplant directly into my 4th gen or use the block from the b20a9 with my h23a1 head which is the option im hoping for. If I use the block will this fit my
h23 head and if not and just use the engine of the 3rd gen... will the h23 tranny fit the B20A9. Please Please someone help me with this questions because I am in the verge of taking the lude to a junkyard of course after taking all my parts out. Thanks in advance to the community which i know will come forward to help with my disaster. :frown::frown::frown::frown: Will the b29a9 and tranny transplant directly into my 4th gen?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
After going ahead and spending thousands of euros boosting my lude, it is now almost dead. I was boosting only 8psi and first thing to go was my crankshaft which i replaced and now piston number 2 has no compression. I truly love the car but H23 parts are hard to come by while im in Germany. I was able to find a 3rd gen lude with a B20A9 engine and tranny which i was kind of hoping I could use either to transplant directly into my 4th gen or use the block from the b20a9 with my h23a1 head which is the option im hoping for. If I use the block will this fit my
h23 head and if not and just use the engine of the 3rd gen... will the h23 tranny fit the B20A9. Please Please someone help me with this questions because I am in the verge of taking the lude to a junkyard of course after taking all my parts out. Thanks in advance to the community which i know will come forward to help with my disaster. :frown::frown::frown::frown: Will the b29a9 and tranny transplant directly into my 4th gen?
your going to have a lot of work cut out for..... just get a h22 engine much better then the h23

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
i would think you could get h22a parts somewhat easier than us here in the states.......its really an up grade......or maybe h23a

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Someone is selling a brand spanking new h23 crank on these boards for $350 US. that is half off what honda sells it for.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
From what I understand here. You already have replaced the crankshaft at one point and now cylinder number 2 has 0 compression. If absolutely 0 compression is the case, not low compression. You are just looking at valve sealing problem, probably a burnt exhaust valve due to the turbo application. Therefore it would not cost much to repair. Like a $11 valve, use some valve lapping compound to seal it and a $60 head gasket, antifreeze, change the oil and some labor time and you have the car back on the road for under $125. My two cents on the situation, jumping to a motor swap without 100% accurate diagnosis is not worth it.

·
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
4,376 Posts
From what I understand here. You already have replaced the crankshaft at one point and now cylinder number 2 has 0 compression. If absolutely 0 compression is the case, not low compression. You are just looking at valve sealing problem, probably a burnt exhaust valve due to the turbo application. Therefore it would not cost much to repair. Like a $11 valve, use some valve lapping compound to seal it and a $60 head gasket, antifreeze, change the oil and some labor time and you have the car back on the road for under $125. My two cents on the situation, jumping to a motor swap without 100% accurate diagnosis is not worth it.
x2:-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts