Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Yesterday I came home and decided i was going to change my distributor cap and rotor. now i had driven my car 15 to 20 mins before deciding this. So i changed the distributor cap and rotor but i didn't unplug my battery before doing so and now i'm car wont start, so i did a little research and found out sometimes you can short your ignition coil out but i doubt thats what i did so i tried my old one and the car still didn't start. I checked,(Double checked) and triple checked the fire orders they are all correct including the plug going to the ignition coil is on securely. When i try to start the car it kicks but wont turn over. i went and made sure the rotor was facing downward at first i had 180 out, but went back and corrected. idk what else to do but go buy another. If anyone could shed some light on this i would appreciate it :wzbigcry:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you tried putting your old cap on to see if it runs ? Did you change the rotor inside the distributor ? You need to get a multi meter and start checking voltage if none of the above work.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Check if your even getting spark bro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried putting your old cap on to see if it runs ? Did you change the rotor inside the distributor ? You need to get a multi meter and start checking voltage if none of the above work.
Yeah i had taken the new cap and rotor off and placed the original back and still no turn over. alright tomorrow i will go out and get a multimeter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check if your even getting spark bro.
Do I do this by disconnecting on of the spark plugs(wires) from distributor cap and putting a piece of metal and see if i get spark?

Also is there a fuse for the ignition or anything because i can't seem to find it

·
Registered
984 Posts
^ The way I do it is take out a spark plug and plug it to the wire, put something like a screw driver on the tip of the spark plug and let someone crank the car, check if there's spark on all 4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts