Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha just came home from a good roast...man this is the very first race ive had since i started driving my lude ( since i never push her hard ).
i was coming down to a intersection to turn left and a silver 2door civic 01 i believe with some 17inch bbs, and other then taht looked stock to me. i kinda turn left quick right before he comes toward me to turn right on the same street.
he follows up behind me and i just keep going a little hard but not full throddle...i can hear his burner revving since i had my windows down and the deck off.
we get to the first intersection there is one car on the other lane so i take the other.
waiting for the green this other car next to me is a chick in a v6stang and this civic behind me like 2inches from my bumber. i look at teh chick in the stang she looks back for only a sec then she smiles and turns her head...light turns green im not even in gear yet....i waste about 1sec putting it in gear and she doesn't move...i take off and she ....turns right >.awwww ...
anywayz the civic folllows close and starts to overtake me on the right...im in 4th gear alredy at about 40mph...about to shift 5th...i wait ....till he gets right beside me..he looks at me (tinted windows i only saw his head turn ..didnt see any face gestures), and all of a sudden i hear his buzzard rev .
remeber im in 4th alredy at about 3200rpm...i thought about just punching it like that but im like..fuck this ...shifted 3rd and floored my baby...it was a Complete obliteration..i took him so fast its like he let off the gas....yet he didnt since i still heard his engine revv...
Either way i went all the way up to 85-90 or so (in a 40mph limit :p) and let it off....he was about 10-15cars back...i dont know when he let off but it mighta been about 3seconds after i took off and blew his doors off...

man ...i feel soo good about my lude ima give her a new oil change tomorrow just for that :D

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
ahhhh, I remember the days when my 3rd gen lude was my baby like that....she was my only car in college and she was a champ! B20A5 was the best engine I ever owned...it never had a problem and burned zero oil.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
All my interactions with Ex models have been very bad...for them (with my white 91). I ran 16.2 and 16.3 against their 17.3 and 17.8 (one was an auto!).

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arent the ex models the single cam vtecs? i always thought they were just like the 94+ accords

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
TopEndLude said:
single cam vtec but the single cam vtec accords can take them.
Yea, 127hp v. 155hp and 1.6 liters v. 2.2 liters.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JLude said:
ahhhh, I remember the days when my 3rd gen lude was my baby like that....she was my only car in college and she was a champ! B20A5 was the best engine I ever owned...it never had a problem and burned zero oil.
lol ..as a matter of fact i have 2 cars..this lude and a 91jag sovereign...i cant complain the car is nice..but it rides like a boat..it wighs more then a tank and snorts gasoline like a crackhead.

·
Registered
123 Posts
scyclone said:
..man ...i feel soo good about my lude ima give her a new oil change tomorrow just for that :D
i looove that feeling! :shock:

scyclone said:
lol ..as a matter of fact i have 2 cars..this lude and a 91jag sovereign...i cant complain the car is nice..but it rides like a boat..it wighs more then a tank and snorts gasoline like a crackhead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..hahah great stuff..

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
scyclone said:
With gas prices my beater car is about to become a 90mpg scooter. :wzbigcry:

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
JLude said:
With gas prices my beater car is about to become a 90mpg scooter. :wzbigcry:
thats why I have my CBR.... and its like 90 degrees here now so yeah I'm good. I just got watch my speeding in the highways:jehon:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm yeah...just checked carpoint.com and turns out the ex civics are a disgrace..along with the rest of the models (except the SI to a certain extent).but hey ...HP to weight ratio is proly the same if not better then my lude , either way im still proud :grin:

·
Registered
522 Posts
lol ive heard ppl talk about getting crouch rockets so they can get a 60 mpg vechile and im thinking about it too cycles are fun too...

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
ludeamister said:
lol ive heard ppl talk about getting crouch rockets so they can get a 60 mpg vechile and im thinking about it too cycles are fun too...
just dont kill yourself bro. Besides they attract the sexiest women too:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's funny that bikes are brought up as I'm enrolled in the MSF course. Too bad the FD is about to drain my pocket(deal pending), or I would be getting a bike.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cbr600 is what i would get....but the ride back and forth to work is 60miles total....no fuckin way i can do that every day without kiling myself or gettin a shitload of tickets...im a diffrent person when i get on a streetbike, then with my lude

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
scyclone said:
cbr600 is what i would get....but the ride back and forth to work is 60miles total....no fuckin way i can do that every day without kiling myself or gettin a shitload of tickets...im a diffrent person when i get on a streetbike, then with my lude
I know what you mean.... I'm very similar too

2ZZ13BT said:
It's funny that bikes are brought up as I'm enrolled in the MSF course. Too bad the FD is about to drain my pocket(deal pending), or I would be getting a bike.
damn man.... sorry about that.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Yeah. Those 7th gen Civic coupes are pretty lame. I wonder how a 3g would compare against one of those SiR hatchbacks with the K20. I think that would be a bit more entertaining.

--J

1 - 20 of 23 Posts