Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read the trouble codes on my lufe have a couple questions it is showing 1 long blink and 14 short blinks my question lies within should I be focusing on #14 or #15 as I'm not sure if the long blink in the beginning is part of the country or a separate code all in its own, I replaced the IAC with one I had laying around that I had grabbed from the junk yard a little bit ago since I was pulling out other parts and it looked brand new so I figured what the hell and snagged it up while I was out there but my car still won't start even after replacing the IAC so anybody else run into this predicament? Input is mucho appreciated!!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
One long and 14 short does not make much sense.

The long one should indicate a 10+ code, but 14 after that is weird. You might be throwing multiple codes. Watch for a pause in the series of short blinks.

Does this help?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no pause in between the blinks I starred at it for almost a hour yesterday cuz I wasn't sure how to read it:/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only cause would be between the very first blink and then the following 14 I will also know that every so often while I'm trying to turn it over it has a clunking noise sort of like a backfire but not as severe as what a backfire would produce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts