Honda Prelude Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Ah well I was just guessing a 5th gen prelude clutch pedal assembly would work. I had to remove some material on the bracket and drill/slot a new hole. Dont have the space for sensors on it though.

Made more progress on the wiring. Auto to manual wiring is done, and I added the wires for VTEC to the ecu plugs. I have a little more to go on the wiring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Wired in an oil pressure gauge, and a wideband o2 sensor. I relocated the power steering reservoir, but I'm waiting on a hose for the reservoir to the pump. Getting real close to trying to start this car.

Motor vehicle Light Gauge Automotive design Measuring instrument

Automotive tire Gesture Finger Wrist Nail

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yeah yeah... a few more weeks.

Check out my cringe power steering return hoses.

Motor vehicle Hood Car Auto part Vehicle

I got some PLM headers to install. My exhaust heat wrap should be delivered to me tomorrow.

Im currently putting the interior back together. I have to organize the wiring mess.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Prelude Si ALB
39 Posts
Nice build! I just found this build. I would like to put a h22 in my 3rd gen but It’s my daily and the wiring doesn’t look fun at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
Nice build! I just found this build. I would like to put a h22 in my 3rd gen but It’s my daily and the wiring doesn’t look fun at all.
Sam his build is unique, he has a RHD 3rd gen imported from Japan, so he wanted to use the OE connectors and make it work for stock setup type purposes.
The Harnesses I sell take out the majority of the stress for all swappers, plus I left a wiring diagram that completes the final connections for the wire harness at the ECU.
So its really mostly plug and play at this point, all my work over the years has made it fairly simple to do this swap.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I have a wireworx harness thats unused. It should be long enough to run through the fender where the original harness goes. If you ever get an h22, message me and I can sell it to you.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Prelude Si ALB
39 Posts
I have a wireworx harness thats unused. It should be long enough to run through the fender where the original harness goes. If you ever get an h22, message me and I can sell it to you.
Oh ok wow! I am only 15 years old so my prelude is going to be my daily. It will probably be a while if I do a swap. The car does have 182,000 miles and the engine smokes a little bit. Maybe someday. I will definitly let you know though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Tried starting it up today. After changing settings in SManager I found out that my TPS was wired incorrectly. It was just a matter of switching around two wires in the connector. Cant remember the colors. I think it was red and green. However the engine only runs for a second or 2. From what I can tell all my other sensors are reading correctly. I think I'm dealing with an ignition timing problem, but when I figure it out I'll post.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I got a new basemap uploaded to the Hondata. The engine can run with the throttle slightly open, but will not idle. I'm getting oil pressure which is what I wanted to find out. I have to make an exhaust, intake, and plumb up the coolant hoses.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts