Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i already sent up a post but it closed i got the readings in for the flashes or whatever its 5 fast flashes and 5 slow flashes does anybody know these codes????

C

·
0 Posts
Are these flashes all together, as in 1 code.?

Are you saying your flashes are 5 quick, then a pause, and then 5 long.?

or is it all together as in, your setting off code 55?

·
Premium Member
16,605 Posts
ECU Codes: Referrenced from www.prelude3g.com

3rd generation ECU error codes and ECU location. To access the codes (if any) turn the ignition key to the on position but do not start the car. Locate the indicator LED and count the number of flashes. Single digit codes are indicated by a series of short flashes. Two digit codes use a long flash for the first digit followed by the appropriate number of short flashes. After a short pause the code will repeat. For multiple codes the codes will flash alternately with a pause between codes.
ie. For code 3 and 14....
The LED will flash 3 times, pause, flash once long then 4 times, pause and repeat from the beginning.
On '85-'87 Preludes the ECU is located in the left side trim panel beside the rear seat. On '88-'91 Preludes the ECU is located under the carpet on the right passenger floorboard.
Dont forget, if your throwing a code use the ONLINE MANUAL to isolate and fix the problem.

'85-'89 PGM-FI

Code 0 ECU
Code 1 Oxygen content A
Code 2 Oxygen content B
Code 3 MAP sensor
Code 4 Crank angle sensor
Code 5 MAP sensor
Code 6 Coolant temperature
Code 7 TPS sensor
Code 8 TDC position sensor
Code 9 No.1 cylinder position sensor
Code 10 Intake air temperature sensor
Code 11
Code 12 Exhaust gas recirculation system
Code 13 Atmospheric pressure sensor
Code 14 Electronic idle control
Code 15 Ignition output signal
Code 16 Fuel injector
Code 17 Vehicle speed sensor

'90-'91 PGM-FI

Code 0 ECU
Code 1 Oxygen content A *, Oxygen content **
Code 2 Oxygen Content B
Code 3 MAP sensor
Code 4 Crank angle sensor
Code 5 MAP sensor
Code 6 Coolant temperature
Code 7 Throttle position sensor
Code 8 TDC position sensor
Code 9 No.1 cylinder position sensor
Code 10 Intake air temperature sensor
Code 11
Code 12 Exhaust gas recirculation system
Code 13 Atmospheric pressure sensor
Code 14 Electronic air control
Code 15 Ignition output signal
Code 16 Fuel injector
Code 17 Vehicle speed sensor
Code 41 ** Oxygen sensor heater
Code 43 ** Fuel supply system
* 2.0 liter engines
** 2.1 liter engines
Clearing ECU codes
Stored codes are earased from memory by disconnecting power to the ECU for at least 30 seconds. Disconnecting the negative battery cable will clear the memory of the ECU, as well as other solid-state equipment such as radios. The ECU may also be cleared by pulling the appropriate fuse from the underhood fuse and relay box. This may be the BACK-UP, CLOCK or CLOCK/RADIO fuse.

Sean

C

·
0 Posts
It sounds to me like you have 2 seperate codes of:

code 5

and code 50

I can't get the complete code list to load up in our 3rd gen sticky, when I click on engine codes, its says "no specific thread"

Isn't there a way that we can have an "easy to get to" list of fault codes, I'm talking about clicking 1 click and BAM there is the complete list in your face, like maybe have it right at the opening page of the 3rd gen section, seperate of all the other online manual stuff.

seems like every time I search for this, I have to go on to the web and get the info elsewhere after digging and digging.

I have a complete list at home that I took off of Honda tech or somewhere, but I don't have it here with me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i was flashing a 5 and a 41 but unpluged the battery put it back on and im only running a 5 does anybody kno where the map sensor is located so i can take a look at it???

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
code 5 is mechanical problem with the map sensor. which means either theres a leak in the map sensor hose, or the map sensor hose is disconnected.
the sensor itsself should be fine, just has an issue with the vacuum line somewhere.

code 41 is o2 sensor heater circuit.

the map sensor is located in the black vacuum box on the passenger side of the firewall, but you dont need to dig into that for anything.

just look at the front of the throttle body, front being the side that the intake pipe connects to. in the top right corner of the front side of the TB there is a vacuum hose that connects to a straight fitting that has no lip on it. if the hose is connected to that port, than you simply have a leak somewhere in the line and the line needs to be replaced. if its not connected, just connect it lol

can anyone provide a pic of this so he knows where to look?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
thank you cuda.

in that pic above, the map sensor line is the bottom one in the group of 3, the one in the group of 3 that is closest to the front of the car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts