Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and 3 of my freind went to a strip to race. I raced a 00 civic si with piping, headers, intake, exhuast and basic bolt on's. It was 3 races and he took me 2 and i beat him 1 time. But i took him 1st gear all 3 races. :) :) :) all my car gots is short ram, exhuast, and dropped.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice... What did you launch at? Cuz I haven't raced a car that could launch better then me... (yet)

I even raced a Hyn-day tib (however you wanna spell it), boged in first, dead even till I hit second gear sippin and started walkin... funnest race ever.

Carter, J.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i tryed many luanches untill i found the right rpm. I tried 4, 4.5, 3, 3.5, and 2.5. Luanching at 3 is the best for my car. It doesnt peal out too much and grabs on good. But my car is b21 i dont know about yours or if it makes a diff but i suggest 3rpm.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope it wasnt a drag strip :p i didnt get any times.... it was flag race on empty streets in the country side. But i guess you can lock this thread up heheh, i was just happy that i actually won 1 race.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
2000BB6 said:
B20's are nasty i always wanted a white 3rd gen
exactly, b20's and b21's are nasty and have no power, if you drove one you would run back to your current lude and never look back, i have a had a red 89 2.0si 4ws 90 blue si and a white 90 si and they were all in mint cond and all had no power. my .02

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
not as nasty as most civics. they have more low end torque then the 00 civic si

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
sleepyH22 said:
exactly, b20's and b21's are nasty and have no power, if you drove one you would run back to your current lude and never look back, i have a had a red 89 2.0si 4ws 90 blue si and a white 90 si and they were all in mint cond and all had no power. my .02
i would have to agree that most 3g's have low output, but anyone with a well-built (as in, close-to-stock rebuilt) or jdm engine will agree that it's quite a bit more competitive. i've raced a few 5th gens with my stock b20a and had a hard time choosing a winner.

i mean, go ahead, carry on. i can deal with my being slow. my engine's such poop. :tongue2:

·
Registered
840 Posts
its saddening when you guys think that our 3rd gens are "slow".
im not saing by any means that they are fast cars, but they do categorize as "quick" cars,
i dont know what i run in 1/4 miles as of now but i know that my cousins h23 4th gen cannot take me unless were on the freeway doing 60+ as a start.
im very happy with that. he has generally the same mods as i do, and i can put about 1 car lenghts between us nearly every time.
so as of now im very happy with the straight line performance of "my" 3rd gen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
well i have a 88 si 4ws and it is nasty but i do have a tendesy to peel out at all stops cuz i my clucth is new (stock)... and its not always good to redline in each gear.. cuz i dont cuz my power stops at 5 1/4 at i redline at 6 3/4.... but soon im puttin vtec in it

·
Registered
568 Posts
scyclone said:
its saddening when you guys think that our 3rd gens are "slow".
im not saing by any means that they are fast cars, but they do categorize as "quick" cars,
i dont know what i run in 1/4 miles as of now but i know that my cousins h23 4th gen cannot take me unless were on the freeway doing 60+ as a start.
im very happy with that. he has generally the same mods as i do, and i can put about 1 car lenghts between us nearly every time.
so as of now im very happy with the straight line performance of "my" 3rd gen.
When a car is in truck/minivan territory I would consider it slow. When a car hits 14's it is "quick," and anything faster you can call whatever you want. 15's are standard for most grocery getters now, so 16's(what most stock 3rd gens run) is hardly "quick." Maybe when you compare it to other FWD I4's of it's year it could be considered "quick," but by todays standards it is slow.

I don't know what your particular car runs, but if you ever get the chance to go to the track, and can run better than 15's, I'll give you a pat on the back and officially your car will be "quick."

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
TopEndLude said:
^^^ I gotta agree..... its sad but true...
Yep. The Sienna and Odessey (minivans ftw) both run mid 16s, which would be enough to hang with 3rd gens.

Hehe.

But yeah, alot of 2005 grocery-getter sedans could run with a 4th/5th gen VTEC...the passage of time is not friendly to older cars.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
True, modern grocery-getters can hit nice drag times. But they do it with wimpy-ass no-torque 1.5l or whatever... gotta love our (relatively) huge displacement for our car size :)

Downshift for a hill? NEVER! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts