Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to these fourms. I currently own a 95 Honda Accord LX 5 speed non vtech and I been looking for a lude for awhile and came accros a 3gen and I dont have any clue about them. Guy here in town is wanting 1000 bucks for this one its red looks pretty good no mods done to the engine has 200k miles on it just replaced Tbelt, water pump, alternator, new head gasket did a valve job to it. Needs a new CV Joint and the sunroof leaks a little in heavy rain. And its a automatic. Are these pretty good cars, in general? I love the looks of them but is there much you can do to it with the current engine or is a swap the only way to get good power out of it? I looked on ebay and seen those ram airs but im guessing sense they are only 10-20 bucks wont be any improvement I have about 2000 saved up for a new car so far so if I bought this for 1000 any really good mods that can be done to make this a real sharp car for the other 1000? Im just wanting to make it my new primary car and give my girlfriend my accord because its just to slow for me

·
Registered
129 Posts
You're not really going to get a swap for 1000 dollars unless you do ALL of the work yourself and the motor is a JDM B20a.

Your best bet is to buy the vehicle and spent the 1000 dollars doing a light rebuild, then save your money for something like a b20 swap or, if you really save, an h22 swap.

As far as bolt ons....search it. You'll here that alot here. Most questions have been answered, so doing a search is the best bet.

However, bolt on parts include

Cam Gears, CAI, Header.....

If you want an intake, LSD does have a group buy going on now

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238689

Good luck with the lude.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, so does anyone swap out their b20's and install a B16 - 160hp isnt bad. I know there would be no torque what so ever but I'm thinking realistic. The price of gas in Ca costs over 3.20 a gallon. So swaping a b16 wouldn't be a bad swap right? Better gas mileage more HP and a lighter engine and vtec. Now adays you can get a b16 for under 1k. And instead of a b16 si tranny an acura interga ls tranny will provide better gear ratio for the freeway at a 1/3 of the price:)
barnsey said:
You're not really going to get a swap for 1000 dollars unless you do ALL of the work yourself and the motor is a JDM B20a.

<b>How ever I do have a H22, and b16 to choose from. I was thinking an old school HB would be best for the h22, after some serious mods of course. </b>

·
Registered
991 Posts
willyaride89 said:
Hey, so does anyone swap out their b20's and install a B16 - 160hp isnt bad. I know there would be no torque what so ever but I'm thinking realistic. The price of gas in Ca costs over 3.20 a gallon. So swaping a b16 wouldn't be a bad swap right? Better gas mileage more HP and a lighter engine and vtec. Now adays you can get a b16 for under 1k. And instead of a b16 si tranny an acura interga ls tranny will provide better gear ratio for the freeway at a 1/3 of the price:)
barnsey said:

<b>How ever I do have a H22, and b16 to choose from. I was thinking an old school HB would be best for the h22, after some serious mods of course. </b>
It requires the same amount of work, and the H22 has alot more torque..

Please stop asking common questions in other peoples thread and search a little from now on, it's been discussed alot.

Now back to the original topic

First off einstein: It's VTEC drop the H

In general, yes they are very good cars, they are alot of fun to drive. but... You will find basically no direct bolt-ons for the car, read the stickys up top and you will find many usefull links, search is also your friend.
If you search for leaky sunroof or in car shower you will find out that the leaky sunroof is because the drains are no draining the water away, I'll be a little helpfull and give you a link: http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/CommonProblemFixes/Incarshower/incarshower.htm

As for getting more power out of the engine, I would say that turbo is the way to go, or do a NA buildup, but since there are not many boltons for the 3g prelude you will have to do alot of the work yourself

ohh btw IBFLTT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi.

Just one little coment : GO MANUAL

Auto is boring. Maybe it's just my thoughts...?...

But I'm sure you'll get a lot more fun in a manual...

GOOD LUCK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts