Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been the most helpful as far as checklist and what not. Using the h22 swaps as reference. The car owner is getting a complete motor trans ecu and wiring harness. I have seen about the jumpers and everything for the factory obd1 harness. Since hes getting complete harness from an accord, can i just use the harness and splice what i need to from the chassis harness

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
If you are capable of doing it yourself then yes.
If you are not then I suggest purchasing a Wireworx conversion harness through me.

And the OE harnes is shorter than the H22 harness, so you will need to extend the entire harness and then add the vtec wiring, compensate for the ELD which we do not have but newer H/F motors look for from the ECU.

Do you have the mounts for the swap?

I provide the core parts for entire swap minus the engine/tranny, axles, shift linkage, ecu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as extending the h22 harness will that be the same case with the f20b? And vtec harness, if im running the ecu and harness the is the engine factory i shouldnt have to add to the harness should i.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got the f20 on the stand sunday. Everything is pretty much perfect enternally. But none of the gaskets, or even the distributor cap are right. We went with 97 accord. The year of the engine. Are we going to have to go through honda to get the seals. I need inakt and exhuast mani seals, valve cover gasket, and distributor cap and button. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Ok got the f20 on the stand sunday. Everything is pretty much perfect enternally. But none of the gaskets, or even the distributor cap are right. We went with 97 accord. The year of the engine. Are we going to have to go through honda to get the seals. I need inakt and exhuast mani seals, valve cover gasket, and distributor cap and button. Any ideas?
That is the Caviat of owning an F20b, its cheaper but support is much more limited since its not a US motor.

So Honda USA will have a harder time tracking down parts for it, you will have to search outside the US like in JDM, or EDM markets for parts.

Or you will have to source other motors here in the US that are similar.
I believe some people have already done this, so a google search will be your friend at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts