Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my car, but I'm doing the swap on it. His current motor is about to crap the bed. Stuck valve, constant detonation, oil leaks everywhere losing a quart every two days. So he picked up a f20b from jdmtech out a Orlando florida. I started my tear down like always with used motors. Much to my surprise cracking the valve cover, and timing cover everything looked great. I could still read the part numbers on the belt, exhaust valve almost no carbon build up. So a few new gaskets lots of purple power, and research later everything is going back together. I spoke with Peter from ry wire last night and working on getting their tucked harness and ecu. Didn't expect to have to do this much with the wiring as we got the motor with Trans, harness, and ecu. Little heart wrenching when you spend the extra money for harness and ecu just to not be able to use any of it. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll be going in. Now as far as motor mounts any vendors that carry the h22 mounts? I believe that's the last parts we have to get aside from clutch. And we have the axes froM a 97 accord which fit the Trans splines, will the work with the 91 ludes hubs or will those need to be changed as well? I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not my car, but I'm doing the swap on it. His current motor is about to crap the bed. Stuck valve, constant detonation, oil leaks everywhere losing a quart every two days. So he picked up a f20b from jdmtech out a Orlando florida. I started my tear down like always with used motors. Much to my surprise cracking the valve cover, and timing cover everything looked great. I could still read the part numbers on the belt, exhaust valve almost no carbon build up. So a few new gaskets lots of purple power, and research later everything is going back together. I spoke with Peter from ry wire last night and working on getting their tucked harness and ecu. Didn't expect to have to do this much with the wiring as we got the motor with Trans, harness, and ecu. Little heart wrenching when you spend the extra money for harness and ecu just to not be able to use any of it. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll be going in. Now as far as motor mounts any vendors that carry the h22 mounts? I believe that's the last parts we have to get aside from clutch. And we have the axes froM a 97 accord which fit the Trans splines, will the work with the 91 ludes hubs or will those need to be changed as well? I'll post pics later.
Sean sells mounts at 1funryd.com. Also check for ExplicitSpeeds group buy forum posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got mounts in today now just clutch and harness. picked up an exedy stage 2. im having problems loading pictures from my phone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after looking at all the mounts. none seem to fit the belt side. do i have to pull the timing cover baxk off and swap with a different bracket

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
The mounts you bought - are they aftermarket ones for this swap, or are they the ones for a newer Prelude (which don't work)?

This forum doesn't have photo hosting capabilities worth speaking of, and even less so when posting from mobile. You can always upload them to a hosting site and hotlink from there. I use imgur.com.

Also to answer one of your earlier questions, you probably need custom axles. Never done a swap myself but I've read about it. This site is swimming in H/F-series swap information. That would also be a likely reason why nobody answered the question in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts