Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one day i went to the auto store to look for a after market intake for my 90 prelude si.

i didn't find one but one of the employees told me to get a after market muffler to get a few horses then he said to take the cat coverter off which is bolted roughly under the shifter on the exhaust basically gutted it out with a screw driver or something for faster exhaust air flow.

so one day after i had the muffler installed already, i put the car up on jacks had my tools ready, so i get under the car and...WTF! the back of the cat is welded to exhaust pipe? it did have 3 bolts to the header but i thought it was suppossed to have another 3 at the back and it does'nt. is one end suppossed to be welded? or both ends bolted?

BTW! i think this is some weird prelude because it has a sticker/logo on the trunk lid next to the SI badge that says "PHOENIX,ARIZONA SHOWCASE" but yet i bought the car in portland,or.

was there some sort of 3g prelude showcase/car show in phoenix,arizona in the early 90's or some thing. showcase prelude?:turn:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
showcase is a honda delership ur car may have started life there, also dont gut ur cat that is very very dumb and u wont gain shit, get a decent cold air intake look in the stickys, and you will soon learn that you cant buy crap for performace for these cars you got to build it

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Bolted.

Don't gut it, you won't gain anything except a $1000-2000 federal ticket if you get caught, and some acid rain production.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts