Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a issue finding headers for my car just bought it last month and starting to add mods but not a lot out there. Keeping it stock nothing Crazy just headers air intake 2.50 exhaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same problem it looks like no one sells aftermarket headers or intake for our car. Basically the only option is to go custom or stick with the stock manifolds. Another thing you have to consider is that you need the dual exhaust flange to fit if you want the rest of the stock exhaust to fit and if you do get just headers and not the rest you will still have an exhaust restriction. I did hear that some of the parts from a b18 can be modified to fit our engine but I dont think the headers will work just the intake. Also take that opinion with a grain of salt as I have not personally tested b18 parts on my engine I have just heard that its been done before in other threads. Good luck with the car though they are great to drive.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I had the same problem it looks like no one sells aftermarket headers or intake for our car. Basically the only option is to go custom or stick with the stock manifolds. Another thing you have to consider is that you need the dual exhaust flange to fit if you want the rest of the stock exhaust to fit and if you do get just headers and not the rest you will still have an exhaust restriction. I did hear that some of the parts from a b18 can be modified to fit our engine but I dont think the headers will work just the intake. Also take that opinion with a grain of salt as I have not personally tested b18 parts on my engine I have just heard that its been done before in other threads. Good luck with the car though they are great to drive.
Your only option not options, but single option is: OBX Stainless 4-2-1 Header For 1990-1991 Honda Prelude Tri-Y w/Slip joint (3pcs) | eBay

I could get a header mad but it would be a big group buy in order to get it done.
And you would be looking like around in the range of: $650-$1500 each.

You are correct in noting that other B-Series headers do not work with our motors. Its not just they do not fit but even if you were to buy a cheap one and then get the manifold flanges which I make, and then weld on the B-Series primary tubes on, the down pipes will not clear which means more modification plus this does not mean the header will make any better power than the stock manifold.

In order to make a header it has to be tested or else its a colossal waste of resources, that is not dyno proven.

Our motors are made for low-mid range power and torque, to be useable in the higher rpms will need more tuning and upgrading of the motor. After all that is said and done, then you pretty much have dropped more money into an engine with no more resouces and no more replacements.
When you could have spent all of that toward a motor swap with easier to purchase and make power with.

If you want to stick with stock then stick with stock, other wise you only have that header that I posted and nothing else.
Or you can turbo charge but that is again the same cost as a motor swap.

Really consider what your goals for this chassis is and realistic budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts