Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my buddy finally got his civic back into town. just a little backround on the car. 1989 4 door civic, clean as fuck. had a bone stock crvtec in it, just a whale penis intake and it made 198hp on the dyno. it started to spin a bearing so he decided a rebuild was in order. this was on this last super bowl sunday. so we live in a small town and no dyno shop around so he took the car about 100 miles to the nearest shop and pretty much build the car there. the end result is goregous. the car is dirty because its december in ND there is an ass ton of snow. just drove it back last week before it got real cold. little over 100 miles on new block getting broken in at 10psi. running just a t3/t4 with other little stuff. ballin nintendo valve cover airbrushed. nothin else really special...from the outside of the car. crv b20 block b16 head and misc stuff that i dont know right now. finally to the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
wow that valve cover is sick and i like that manifold

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
haha sorry guys ill see if i can get some pics of the whole car. its pretty much a sleeper u cant really tell there is an intercooler on it. its cold as balls out right now and he doesnt want to run it when its this cold. today there is a high temp of -5F. and thats about the warmest all week. i think i might have some old ones but nothing has changed

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
He should get some stock rims and it would be a ballin sleeper

What are the new numbers?
Just get some steelies. That thing is actually pretty good looking body condition wise. I have a friend who flipped one of those over a 16' tall fence.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when he got the car it actually had the stock steelies with the honda center caps but they were like 13" rims so they were a little too small. they didnt actually put it on the dyno yet, just running it off a basemap because the dyno was down for a while. he is gonna get it tuned for real when its good and broken in. he wants to run upper 20's for psi. hooray! i love boost

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
man get some stock 3rd gen si wheels for it it will be set had one as a dd just like that outside wise with prelude wheels

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so some sucky news on this car. he took it out on christmas and drove it a bit. and the differential made a big hole in the tranny and fell on the ground

·
Registered
641 Posts
OMFG!!! I love the valve cover!!! NES FTW!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts