Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new here! Ive looked and looked and couldn't find an answer for my questions :( Anywho, I gotta Auto (lame) 89 Prelude 2.0 Si 4ws. It's missing the power steering belt so no power steering at the moment. The pump, pulley, and everything else is still intact, except for the actual belt. My issue is that for a while, after I would start it up it would start squeaking and squealing and would eventually go away. Lately, the squeaking will not go away! What can I do to stop the squeaking until I get the ps belt and install it?? Any info is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it’s still squeaking. But today the battery light came on and would go off while accelerating and turn back on while braking!! Then it wouldn’t go past 2500rpm and would sputter and kinda backfire. And another problem, I was tightening the clamp on my air intake filter while it was running, and I got electrocuted!! There isn’t any bald or exposed wires or anything! Is that what’s causing the battery to drain and not hold a charge and turn the battery light on?? Also, where would that spark came from? Could it be leaking spark from the distributor or distributor cap??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts