Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 prelude si 4ws was driving one day and it shut off car has done this before so I just parked it and walked home thinking it would start the next day like it usually did well that didn’t happen had a buddy push it home put it in the garage and it sat well now it’s maybe the time to get it running found out timing belt snapped it’s in pieces But I’m trying to decide if I should even try to save that motor maybe get a new one maybe get rid of the car even though I really don’t want to I love that car but I’m looking for some advice I’m in the Cincinnati area if someone else is there that would be awesome help out I’m not completely clueless but it’s nice to have a guy that’s at least knows the car tips and tricks go along way any support and suggestions are appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
34 Posts
I recommend selling it as is. Being that it is a 4ws, you can still get good money for it, even if the overall condition makes it a parts car. I can't know if it's worth fixing without knowing the overall condition of the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the timing belt snap on my 89 si AWS. Pulled the head, 2 exhaust valves bent. New valves, head gasket kit, lisle 36200 valve keeper removal tool (invaluable), new timing belt: total cost was under $300 for parts and tools. There is a 14 part you tube series on replacing the timing belt on a 3rd gen that walks you through 90% of the repair. My clutch went out 18 months later and I just replaced the clutch disk and pressure plate. Ive got 172k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts