Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently purchased a beautiful 88 prelude si. I've noticed that the seatbelts don't lock when pulled forward quickly. I haven't tried it with hard braking and don't know if I want to. Worried about seatbelt safety in the event of an accident. Is there something I can look for inside the door to see if it's working or if something needs to be replaced? The back two seatbelts lock when pulled fast, just not the driver/ passenger ones

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
So i recently purchased a beautiful 88 prelude si. I've noticed that the seatbelts don't lock when pulled forward quickly. I haven't tried it with hard braking and don't know if I want to. Worried about seatbelt safety in the event of an accident. Is there something I can look for inside the door to see if it's working or if something needs to be replaced? The back two seatbelts lock when pulled fast, just not the driver/ passenger ones
Go to your local Honda dealer and have them check for the recall replacement for your lude and have them replace the unit.

They may take a while because the parts my be discountinued.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Some members have reported that the dealers are telling them they are discontinued. I spoke with Honda of Seattle a month or two ago and they could still order them but only in black. Hondapartsnow.com still has them available also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go to your local Honda dealer and have them check for the recall replacement for your lude and have them replace the unit.

If you are in Canada, dealership won't replace them as there is no seatbelt recall in Canada. At least that's what I was told when I phoned them about it.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
If you are in Canada, dealership won't replace them as there is no seatbelt recall in Canada. At least that's what I was told when I phoned them about it.
Weird.

But the OP did not say if he/she was in Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts