Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 88-89 Honda Prelude 2.0si Findanza flywheel fit my 1990 Honda Prelude Si tranny....my tranny is a d2a4 tranny....
im thinking if wont fit but fuck I want that flywheel..lol

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The flywheel will bolt up to the engine. No problem there.
The issue is the clutch. The dowels in the flywheel will be set for the 89 clutch cover. So you could redrill the flywheel to use a 90-91 clutch cover plate. It would need a re-balance. OR use a cover plate from an 88-89. The friction plate etc will all need to be 90-91 issue.

Pretty sure thats right. Its been covered many times on here. I suggest you search around.

Failing that there are many options for a teg setup.

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
Flywheel and clutch from the integra fits.
So does the flywheel and clutch from an H22...going that route, you get to keep your timing marks on the flywheel.
The flywheel will bolt up to the engine. No problem there.
The issue is the clutch. The dowels in the flywheel will be set for the 89 clutch cover. So you could redrill the flywheel to use a 90-91 clutch cover plate. It would need a re-balance. OR use a cover plate from an 88-89. The friction plate etc will all need to be 90-91 issue.

Pretty sure thats right. Its been covered many times on here. I suggest you search around.

Failing that there are many options for a teg setup.
I doubt you could (or...that it would be safe to!) redrill the bolt holes and dowel holes to fit a 91 pressure plate on an 88-89 flywheel... the 90-91 clutch disk is 8mm larger than the 88-89 plate and the input shaft splines are different as well.

if you wanted to use the 88-89 flywheel THAT bad, the easiest way would be 88-89 flywheel/clutch/pressure plate and transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.