Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 prelude si manual trans I think my ecu is bad I read for say code 12 the ECU would flash 1 long flash and 2 short flashes for code 12 but mine is flashing 12 short flashes PGM light is on will a ECU from a 87 prelude auto work on my 86. I did over come 1 problem that may help some out this is why the guy sold me the car he could not figuar it out the car would run for say 2 miles then lose power only ideled at 500 rpm cut car off and it would start fine and drive for another 2 miles then same thing turn out to be the fuel pick up screen in the tank was gone and the pipe for pick up was sucking up trash and putting the fuel pump in a bind with the new screen works but you got to put at least 5 gal fuel in a dry tank or it wont pick up fuel I put in 2 gal and it would not start put in 3 more started fine it did start with 2 but ran out of fuel before I dot out of the driveway

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have an 86 prelude si manual trans I think my ecu is bad I read for say code 12 the ECU would flash 1 long flash and 2 short flashes for code 12 but mine is flashing 12 short flashes PGM light is on will a ECU from a 87 prelude auto work on my 86. I did over come 1 problem that may help some out this is why the guy sold me the car he could not figuar it out the car would run for say 2 miles then lose power only ideled at 500 rpm cut car off and it would start fine and drive for another 2 miles then same thing turn out to be the fuel pick up screen in the tank was gone and the pipe for pick up was sucking up trash and putting the fuel pump in a bind with the new screen works but you got to put at least 5 gal fuel in a dry tank or it wont pick up fuel I put in 2 gal and it would not start put in 3 more started fine it did start with 2 but ran out of fuel before I dot out of the driveway
sounds like the ECM is working fine to me, ours flash short flashes for the codes. code 12 is the egr system, hear are the codes for our cars.

0 ECU
1 Oxygen Content
3 Map Sensor
4 Crank Angle Sensor
5 Map Sensor
6 Coolent Temperature
7 Throttle Angle
8 TDC Position
9 No 1 Cylinder Position
10 Intake Air Temperature
63 Intake Air Temperature
12 Exhaust Gas Recirculation System