Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
lambo doors

Nice now don't go ricey on it though with silly large bling bling wheels and neon silly lights!! lol!! Keep it old school looking with a difference and nice clean shiny bodywork!! Nice work looks like a good fit there from you and your pops working on it. Got any pics of the car further away? Looks like you got quite a rust free lude from the looks of underneath your front wings

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice now don't go ricey on it though with silly large bling bling wheels and neon silly lights!! lol!! Keep it old school looking with a difference and nice clean shiny bodywork!! Nice work looks like a good fit there from you and your pops working on it. Got any pics of the car further away? Looks like you got quite a rust free lude from the looks of underneath your front wings

I do have 17s on the lude right now but im thinkin of goin with somethin smaller. i aint puttin any neon on the car though. here are some pics of the car when i got it a month ago.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
2nd gen lude

Looks good found much rust on the underneath of the chassis?? Most common places are at the back where the bumper mounts slide in on the rails, the rear arches and along the rear windscreen at the bottom, as well as the sunroof at the front end. The fronts normally go at the inner wing right at the bottom of where you mounted your door mounts right on the bottom corners behind where the wing and mud guards cover up. If thats all solid and not much rust at the front in the engine bay you got a good one just keep it all brushed down the rust you do have and give everywhere a good freash thick wax undercoat in black. Love white ludes so old school japan, i think if you had a set of 15" rotas with old school wheels like the CF-48's or the flashback's or GT3's with black centres and polish lip get the rest of your body polished up and touched up nice suspension as low as you can go without hitting everything underneath would look super cool with your new doors as be the last thing people be expecting i think it could work quite well!! Then just have to decide what you want to do inside go for race car look or just put in a couple of nice seats or leave stock and just keep it retro and clean with a momo wheel and knob. but your car just some ideas for you to throw at it but yeah a nice clean lude with lambo doors is cool!! Like it have fun with your car!! Probably doesn't add much extra weight as your getting rid of the old hinges and just adding a little bit extra for the struts and strengthening.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys if you want to see the pics larger Just go into the URL and remove the "th_" from the beginning of the name.

Example:
..../th_front.jpg

Make it:
..../front.jpg

Good looking 'lude my friend, the doors look good. Just keep it super clean; glad to hear you're not putting in under-glow lights. That better apply to stickers, fartcan exhaust, useless gauges or bright green paint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....Good looking 'lude my friend, the doors look good. Just keep it super clean; glad to hear you're not putting in under-glow lights. That better apply to stickers, fartcan exhaust, useless gauges or bright green paint.

yeah i dnt lthink ill be puttin any of that on my car

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I WANT that for myne so bad but i cant afford it how much did that set u back
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I WANT that for myne so bad but i cant afford it how much did that set u back
Posted via Mobile

not much... It cost me 200 for the kit and i got an xtra driver side hinge. im almost done with it. it took me days cuz of work but by tomorrow it will be complete.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
not much... It cost me 200 for the kit and i got an xtra driver side hinge. im almost done with it. it took me days cuz of work but by tomorrow it will be complete.

Looks goodbro. Have always wanted those hinges on my lude. Are they the "universal" types where you need to drill holes through the brackets or do they come made for the car? that's a really good price too... Please tell me they aren't the weld on ones?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks goodbro. Have always wanted those hinges on my lude. Are they the "universal" types where you need to drill holes through the brackets or do they come made for the car? that's a really good price too... Please tell me they aren't the weld on ones?

yes they are the universal ones and no they arent welded on.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I havve a question was it really neccesary to take off the front fenders and wheel cus that wud just make it a pain in the ass to me lol
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
129 Posts
So when is the 2ft ironing board spoiler going on? Or the 6 tip exhaust?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lot of haters.wow i think its cool its not a drastic as neon and loud mufflers.hate that.i think its diff but still keepin it jdm slick.besides i hope there the kind u can decide to ether open lambo or just straight out.i hate the kind that only open lambo all the time.all in all sick bro.lowering and some cf48 would be the shit.
MOT-A-A4/00.01 UP.Browser/7.0.2.2.c.1.120 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.17

·
Registered
409 Posts
looking good, as stated above, stay away from the glass body streetfighter kits, and crome, and purple bubble tint, and wings, and stickers, and fart kans, and blingbling rims, and you may have one cool little lambo lude on your hands!!! nice work!! did yous weld or bolt that buizness on?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts