Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have been looking all over the place and can't seem to find anyone that has done this. i have the stock 12-valve dual carb prelude 5 speed, and it has all the vacuum mess for emissions on it. i live in florida, where there are no emission regulations, and i would like to clean up the bay and delete/block off lines not used and re-rout hoses to make it clean and maybe even get rid of the vacuum boxes. has anyone done this?or can anyone help me through this? i am a very knowledgable person but this is my first carb powered honda and i would like to clean it up. i heard there is a canadian version where everything is deleted, but finding that is almost impossable. there has to be another way! lol if anyone can help me with this, i would be forever greatful! thanks in advance

cj

·
Lord Magnum
1,210 Posts
At the top of the 2nd gen forum, go to the sticky called "2nd gen resources"
From there go to "technical resources"

Scroll down to the "Performance" section, and there will be a linked called "removing the unnecessary parts from the engine bay"

Do yourself a favor and spend some spare time reading a lot of those links...you will learn a lot.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,702 Posts
And if worst comes to worse... then I, along with a couple of other members can help you out with non emissions carbs. (I say other members because postage from Australia is a bit of a killer).

Welcome to the boards and read read read.. I think it's safe to say short of the factory mechanics, you'll find more information on the 2g preludes on here than anywhere else on the net.

Zaahir

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys very much, i will be getting back in touch after i do the removal in the sticky pointed out to me by knifemind, i will let you guys know how everything goes and thanks for the warm welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts