Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive bought a 1984 honda prelude and its been sitting for 10 years said to be the distributor when parked. Im 19 & it my first so can someone please direct me towards the right direction of restoring and what i should do :smilejap:

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's the main issue with the car? Being that is sat for so long, I would change all the fluids for a start and will likely need the carbs cleaned rebuilt as sitting gas is bad for carburetors. And by fluids, that also means draining the gas. Coolant may have rust in it - especially if the mix had too much water. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the main issue with the car? Being that is sat for so long, I would change all the fluids for a start and will likely need the carbs cleaned rebuilt as sitting gas is bad for carburetors. And by fluids, that also means draining the gas. Coolant may have rust in it - especially if the mix had too much water. Good luck!
Can you explain how my good man kind new under the hood

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, I can only advise on the what to do. For the how to do it, I pay a mechanic! :). I'm sure others with how to skills will chime in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts